Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scratches Maybe crack P2 Frame where Skewer Goes In
Quote | Reply
Took the skewer out of my rear wheel. Looks like it is scratched in the circle of the where the skewer rests... Maybe not cracked.

Can this be fixed? Bike only 5 months old.

I am probably just paranoid cause it cost so much and feels so plasticy.

Last edited by: Spartan420: Apr 18, 18 18:24
Quote Reply
Re: Scratches Maybe crack P2 Frame where Skewer Goes In [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take it to a bike shop and let a mechanic do an inspection. If the bike is only 5 months old, I'm pretty sure you have a warranty claim with Cervelo. It may seem like a hassle, but you will feel better when you race if you are 100% sure your ride is good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Scratches Maybe crack P2 Frame where Skewer Goes In [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the worst pic ever. Are you trying to focus on the chain?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try a pic without the beer glasses on,worse pic ever
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The circle where the skewer rests should have ridges on it, if that's what you're talking about. I seriously doubt you managed to crack it, but as others have said, we either need a better picture or take it to someone who can check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that is either a UFO or 'effing bigfoot.
Quote Reply
Re: Scratches Maybe crack P2 Frame where Skewer Goes In [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The image is too big to upload. The URL is blowing the image up so that it looks blurry.

Last edited by: Spartan420: Apr 18, 18 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks fine to me. They all do this. My P3 looks the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally normal. The skewer clamping area is always going to chip the paint off there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would you expect it to look like? The forces of closing the QR skewer alone would be enough to damage the paint, not even talking about what happens to wheel, frame and QR skewer when hitting a pothole during riding. On that picture we cant see a lot, but I don't see evidence of anything more than paint damaged.

When (and why) did Cervelo start to paint the dropouts? I am fairly certain my P5s dropouts are unpainted, and it doesn't do anything else than scaring poor people like the OP?
Quote Reply
Re: Scratches Maybe crack P2 Frame where Skewer Goes In [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, looks normal. If you're worried about it, simply don't clamp your skewer down too hard. It does not need to be super tight. Some people clamp them down way too much.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not a problem. That section of the frame is made of alloy (not carbon). Check out this picture to get a sense of what's underneath that paint.
Quote Reply