Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Interracial Couples [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
I told her that the whities must've had floppy hats or something.

Cowboy hats.
Quote Reply
Re: Interracial Couples [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:
Marlonius wrote:
lunchbox wrote:
... We don’t really think about race/color other than sunblock... .

My wife tans up beautifully and never wears sunscreen. I, on the other hand, am white. She's completely indifferent to it here in Canada and never heeds any of my advice.

Cut to us in Mexico where the sun was too much even for her. She got her reckless self burnt with what I would describe as a moderate sunburn. She carried on like it was the most intense torture ever. She couldn't believe that white people didn't bitch about it all the time. Actual quote: "How did you fuckers manage to take over the world before sunscreen was invented?".

Other actual quotes:

"Oh my god, heat is actually radiating out of my body"
"Holy shit, it's itchy now".
"Is this what it's like every time?"

and of course,

"Don't touch me"

I laughed a little too much at that.
A quick wikipedia search showed that the first commercial sunscreen was developed in 1936.

I quote that one back to her all the time. She wasn't even trying to be funny. I told her that the whities must've had floppy hats or something. Very likely they were not wearing bikinis, that's for sure.

I remember as a kid in the 70s it was all about suntan lotion and the SPF available was something like 4.

I always used to use a 15 the first day and then switch to a 7 after that even in the Caribbean. Now all I can find is 30 and 45 at the local pharmacy. .
Quote Reply
Re: Interracial Couples [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A few times when out at a park or whatever with my kids, my wife has been assumed to be the "nanny" by strangers, which you can guess how much she liked.

Asian male married to white female. I have fraternal twins and the wife was walking them in the stroller in the neighborhood, and a lady asks my wife, " where are they from?" My wife kept her cool, and said "My Vagina!"

To address the OP: My last three relationships were: White, Black - My parents, being immigrants, had to get used to that, and White.

I met my wife running, we had something in common, so it was easy to break the ice.
Quote Reply
Re: Interracial Couples [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
White girl here, and I'm way more open to dating different races than my own these days.

The problem I'm finding is that the dating sites have disproportionately more white guys than anything else. Are there special apps for those of us seeking diverse relationships?
Quote Reply
Re: Interracial Couples [dbautista] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dbautista wrote:
Quote:
A few times when out at a park or whatever with my kids, my wife has been assumed to be the "nanny" by strangers, which you can guess how much she liked.

Asian male married to white female. I have fraternal twins and the wife was walking them in the stroller in the neighborhood, and a lady asks my wife, " where are they from?" My wife kept her cool, and said "My Vagina!"

To address the OP: My last three relationships were: White, Black - My parents, being immigrants, had to get used to that, and White.

I met my wife running, we had something in common, so it was easy to break the ice.

I wonder what my Asian wife is going to do when someone says that about our son, who looks like a white baby. I say she loses her cool and lays into the person, but I have been trying to prepare her for it and hope she keeps her cool and says what your wife did. That is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Interracial Couples [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. I have no idea. The only thing I can kinda see is to edit your search terms.

Perhaps there is a business opportunity here...
Quote Reply
Re: Interracial Couples [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lisac957 wrote:
White girl here, and I'm way more open to dating different races than my own these days.

The problem I'm finding is that the dating sites have disproportionately more white guys than anything else. Are there special apps for those of us seeking diverse relationships?

There are special bars for that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next