Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BK how come you skipped this local story
Quote | Reply
Another story of a dumb gun owner.

https://www.freep.com/...lost-teen/515895002/

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: BK how come you skipped this local story [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not going to end well for this couple it seems. Story I read say they had a security camera that corroborates the boy's story and apparently includes the wife using some language that isn't going to help their cause.

That being said, if the kid reacted the least bit thuggish to the woman's histrionics, you can bet he's going to be skewered.
Quote Reply
Re: BK how come you skipped this local story [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Another story of a dumb gun owner.

https://www.freep.com/...lost-teen/515895002/

So now, every one of the millions of responsible gun owners -- and this gentleman used a 12-gauge shotgun, NOT a handgun -- has to defend the actions of the occasional irresponsible and idiotic person who wrongfully employs a firearm? Fine.

I saw the story over the weekend, but not in the Freep, and saw that it dealt with a shotgun and some fool who took a potshot at a kid who'd walked up onto their property. Michigan laws are pretty clear when it comes to this sort of thing and every responsible firearm owner takes the time to practically memorize the relevant MCLs (Michigan compiled laws) on them. Clearly, this idiot didn't read or understand them.

Personally, I don't think this fellow was being a responsible gun owner and didn't know -- or care to learn -- Michigan law when it came to home defense -- and he should therefore feel the full weight of the law if the event turns out to be as it was depicted in the papers.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply