Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone switch from Garmin Edge to Wahoo Bolt? [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
The best thing about it is that in a year and a half I've never lost a workout. I hear of people losing workouts on Edges and that's definitely a major concern. Also, in general the usability is pretty good and the companion app makes configuration easy.

But I'd have to say, I'd like to hear from Edge owners as to if they're losing data as that's a show stopper for me.

With the 820 I've lost rides or parts of rides (lost mid ride) about 3 times and recently it saved mid ride on two occasions. Fortunately with the saved mid rides I was able to start a new session and then stitch the two together with an online application (Gotoes). Garmin came out with a firmware update for the screen sensitivity and helped a little.

The very first time I lost a ride I was unfamiliar with the possibility and who would have believed that drops of sweat while leaning over the Edge at the end would have discarded a ride. Before my finger touched the save icon a drop of sweat hit the discard icon and a second drop hit the accept check mark to discard the ride. Seems unbelievable, but it happened to me twice. I have learned to be lot more careful once that ride stop / save or discard screen is showing. Mine seems very vulnerable at that point.

I uploaded a short video a while back with the screen sensitivity issue in the rain or with sweat or even the finger moving a little too close to the wrong icon.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone switch from Garmin Edge to Wahoo Bolt? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never had an Edge but I went from using my 920XT for everything to getting a Bolt for cycling. I like it quite a bit. As others have mentioned, being able to manage it on your phone is better than doing it through menus using buttons on a Garmin. Garmin makes good hardware but their software has felt buggy to me...its good to have some competition in the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been eyeing the Bolt, but I think Connect IQ has a huge amount of potential that I think I could miss.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone switch from Garmin Edge to Wahoo Bolt? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Connect IQ and the coming Garmin AeroStick will probably keep me with Garmin for now.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the 520 and switched to the bolt here recently. The only thing I wish I could change would be the changing of the format through the phone. Having all that accessibility in just the handheld was nice. But bolt is practically the same thing as the 520 in my eyes, it definitely doesn't lose my P1 pedals like the 520 did. Signal would just disappear. The no big difference so no problems.
Quote Reply

Prev Next