Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The 2017-2018 NHL Playoffs thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
My guess is a lot of Capitals "fans" will be coming out of the woodwork now saying they've always been behind their team. For Vegas, they won't have that because they are in their first year but the bandwagon's got to be getting full in Washington.

I'm actually not at all interested in the series even though the hockey should be good and I hope the Capitals win. The weather's too nice after a long winter to be watching a series between Vegas and Washington.

About Bandwagons and Winters: The actual year and playoff round might be in error -- 2010?? -- first round?? But the team was Montreal and the goalie who stood on his head was Halak. My start to what has been a very long winter riding on this bandwagon travelling down a very long road to a Stanley Cup. As to a debate about Bandwagons vs true fandom. My take is that the growth and popularity of the sport suffers well the more bandwagons filled with fans (woodwork oozed or "true") that are on the road. I am happy for you that you don't have a dog in this fight and can now put your cold winter behind you and enjoy the late spring weather warmth. Hell, with a cold beer, a shade tree and a little wrenching and maybe your wagon can be rolling come October. Hopefully our long and cold winter here in DC will be ending soon too. LET'S GO CAPS!
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017-2018 NHL Playoffs thread [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How sweet it is! That simple. Thanks to all who were pulling for the CAPS. Now that the Stanley Cup is loaded onto the Bandwagon, let's drive it home for a parade. I am a fan and extremely biased-- but it was well deserved. Those guys earned it and I couldn't be more happy for them. Our winter of many winters is now over.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017-2018 NHL Playoffs thread [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very well deserved and I love it that it is 40 years to the day since the Bullets won the NBA championship.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017-2018 NHL Playoffs thread [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their championship flag will hang alone no longer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next