Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 12 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 12 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This is a busy week... baby shower week!!!!! I am so excited.
Goals: 4 swims, day off from running, at least 2 rides, and no food issues.
check, check, check, nope

The shower was so much fun - I think everyone had a good time; the cake was a hit; the pinatas WERE hit; and the parents-to-be-got some lovely gifts. I am so pleased it went well. Definitely the highlight of the week.

I did 4 short swims for a total of 1650 yards; rode twice for a total of 43.6 miles; and ran 6 times for a total of 39.2 miles. BIKE MILES MORE THAN RUN MILES! and one ride was with a friend who is faster than I am, which was nice.

This is the last week before spring break. I fly to Salt Lake on Friday afternoon! Goals are 5 swims for at least 4k yards, ride once, day off from running, no food issues.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik -- and way to go!

I had a really solid week and consider this my first truly solid week of the year. I am much, much feeling better and think my muscles are starting to remember in what order they're supposed to work. My goals were:

swim 3 times, ride 3 times, run 3 times, do PT twice, and yoga once.

I did all of the above [8000Y,4 hours (all trainer), 23 miles]. My body felt good -- I even ran off the bike (briefly and with permission) and that went well too. It was also my birthday this week and I ate more cakes and pies over 72 hours and than the prior three months. That was pretty great :D

I'm signed up for Victoria (June 3) and am considering signing up for St. George (May 5) -- I'm not sure if I have enough time to get my run up to snuff. My swim is fine, my bike is fine. Any thoughts? Am I being too eager?

I hope everyone has a great week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC, have fun on your break!

SoCal, sounds like a good week for you. I can't comment on the race ambitions--I don't know those venues well enough.

Well, just to add to last week's woes, a tree fell on my car driving home last week. Hit the side and then rattled off, leaving a long series of dents. We did finally get a fridge delivered on Friday evening, so maybe our luck is turning.

Twelve days to go on the 100/100, and I'm short five runs. I don't know if I'll make it. I'll need to do five doubles over the next week and a half. Much will be dependent upon the weather, which has just been topsy turvey lately. Did get in three swims last week, but only one bike.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 12 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCal, a belated happy birthday, and nice week of training!

Is St. George a half? I guess the thing to think about is how would walk/run feel as a backup plan if you couldn't run the whole thing? Is there an aquabike or relay option as another plan B if you got closer and weren't feeling it?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 12 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3, glad you weren't injured when the tree hit the car. Crazy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still drowning in work and trying to train a new person. Lord let me have patience!

Mon. 3/5 – 7 minutes bike trainer (the trainer and app quit working just as I got going). PT exercises and PT session
Tue. 3/6 – 55 min strength workout
Wed. 3/7 – Swim 1,800 SCY 58 min (first time in the pool since January 2nd)
Thur. 3/8 – 15 min strength workout + PT session + 3 minutes “running” and walking on the non-motorized treadmill, including 1 min run at 12:00 min/mi pace - I almost cried tears of joy
Fri. 3/9 – 1,850 SCY swim 1:01
Sat. 3/10 – 10.1 mi bike 40 min
Sun. 3/11 – yoga 1:17

Work hours 54.25

But - planning a week in Austin in April!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My word Tri3, your last couple of weeks sound super tough. A tree falling on my car would have been the absolute last straw! I'm glad you weren't hurt.

SoCal - hurray for getting back into it and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My week mostly went to plan but the time change is kicking my butt:
M: swim + run
T: bike + strength
W: swim + run
Th: bike + strength
F: swim + bike/run brick I woke up with the WORST reflux on Friday; I spent a lot of the day doubled over. Dan freaked out at me when he heard I was on the bike so I stopped half way through that workout and skipped the run as well.
S: rest
S: bike

Dan had been away the whole week so I made us a nice dinner on Friday and chocolate tahini challah buns for breakfast on Saturday (picture attached because I'm still not confident in my abilities with yeasted doughs and these turned out great!). Of course, he came back with some kind of sickness so now I'm just hoping I don't get it.

Plan for this week:
M: swim + run (done, and I got to run outdoors :D )
T: bike + strength
W: swim + run
Th: bike
F: swim + run
S: rest (but probably not that restful a day, I've volunteered to help out as an interviewer at one of the local universities)
S: bike + strength

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 12 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yummy!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the birthday wishes :)

Tri3, I'm glad you're okay -- that's a scary thing to happen.

Scheherazde, those look screen-licking delicious.

Be patient ironclm ,you're doing great!

Dr. Tigerchik, both St. George and Victoria are 70.3 distance. Victoria is my 2018 "A" race. I'd like to race before my "A" because that system well for me worked last year. If I'm being totally honest, I'm too vain to walk/run as the run should be the sharpest arrow in my quiver. I 7 solid weeks of running is enough to pull it off but I'm planning to talk to my coach this week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm back. I was in Costa Rica last week on vacation and it was amazing! I was very sad to come back to the cold and snow.

I didn't do a single workout last week other than 12-ounce curls =) and a sprint through the airport to make our connecting flight, but I'm pretty much caught up now and trying to get back into my usual schedule. I did a trainer ride last night and could definitely feel it. I still have discomfort in my knee so I finally canceled my Trainer Road, which actually made me pretty sad. But there's no sense in paying for it just to use "free 60" every time, and I can always restart it once my knee is feeling up to it again.

I might not get to the pool this week but my goals are three trainer rides, my PT homework, and some yoga.

Enjoy your spring break, Dr. T!
Happy belated birthday, SoCal!
Tri3, that sounds terrifying. I am glad you weren't hurt.
Solid week, Ironclm.
Scheherazade, those buns look amazing! I am not much of a baker either but I'm a decent chef, and I'm on a mission to re-create some of the delicious eats we had in CR.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply