Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2016 Cannondale slice size chart help
Quote | Reply
    Hi guys,
Is anybody can let me know what size will fit someone 5/6 male and 28 inseam?
The website does not show any height size recommendation.
I was think 48cm or 51cm.
Thank you,
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale slice size chart help [loganvass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is helpful but, Im 5'10" with a 29inch inseam and I'm on a 60. That was following a bike fit, way bigger than I thought I would be on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should get a bike fit... If you cant afford one, then you probably can't afford that bike ^^; I would probably rule out the 48 though.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale slice size chart help [recoil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
recoil wrote:
Not sure if this is helpful but, Im 5'10" with a 29inch inseam and I'm on a 60. That was following a bike fit, way bigger than I thought I would be on

Got a pic of you on your bike? With the caveat that height and inseam are only two measures in a bike fit, albeit important measures....

Not saying your fitter did you a disservice but at 5'10" with a short inseam I'd be willing to bet your fitter did you a disservice, and probably by a factor of two bike sizes. You'd naturally be long and low given your height and inseam, which Cannondales are naturally not. On a 60 with a 29" inseam I find it hard to believe you could stand over the top tube or that your seat post isn't slammed as low as it can go. You'll notice that 60 is the largest bike that Cannondale makes, and you're an 1" above the average height of an American male. Something doesn't add up.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
recoil wrote:

WOW, I am also about 5'10", long legs witha shorter torso and ride a 54 2016 Slice.
Last edited by: pokey: Feb 28, 18 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds like you got sold the bike that was in stock and they had to get rid of.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale slice size chart help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After those replies I had to go and check... I was convinced I was on a 60... turns out I'm on a 57.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
That sounds like you got sold the bike that was in stock and they had to get rid of.

Definitley not, they had all sizes in stock and I didn't really make my buying decision until after my fit, I cant remember what fitting system it was, but they basically get you on a rig, adjust it based on feedback, power measurements in position, my thoughts etc and it spits out a list of suitable bikes. Slice won on spec, and price but in reality i could have walked out with any of 4 or 5 bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
recoil wrote:
After those replies I had to go and check... I was convinced I was on a 60... turns out I'm on a 57.

Still sounds too big.

Post a video of you riding and someone will give you a thorough critique.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
recoil wrote:

Still sounds too big.

Post a video of you riding and someone will give you a thorough critique.

Agreed. A 57 is way better than 60 but more than likely still too big. He’s a 54, and probably not even debatable.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale slice size chart help [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually ride a slice, and they do run small. I'm 6' with a 30" inseam, and the 57 is just about too small for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the advice here that you should get a bike fit; smaller folks like us have issues with getting bikes that are the right size and I've been left wondering several times whether I'm riding too big of a bike. Having said all that, I'm 5"7 and also have a 28 inseam, and I recently got fit onto a 51 slice. I found it necessary to slam the stem which requires removing the plastic piece that the cables go through and getting a new headset dust cap cover that I had to order from some website in the UK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
loganvass wrote:
Hi guys,
Is anybody can let me know what size will fit someone 5/6 male and 28 inseam?
The website does not show any height size recommendation.
I was think 48cm or 51cm.
Thank you,

I'm 5'7/28 and am a 51cm. No way a 48cm for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm basically your size and ride a 51. I think I'd like to get the front lower too, but I'm still working on strength and flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale slice size chart help [Zachreligious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 73.5 inches tall and would ride a 2016 57cm Slice. My 2010 Slice is a 58cm and I fit around a 54.5 frame stack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
recoil wrote:

wow, i am 6'1 with a 34" inseam and ride a 57

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'3" with 30-31" inseam, on a 48 frame.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'8" and on a 54. Got fit by the man himself.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a stocky-ish 5'7 plus a little guy with shorter legs than typical. Seat height here is 69.5cm center to top, but on 155s. Was 68.5 on 165s. BTW, I love the shorter cranks for fit. Wasn't cheap, was worth it. I guess if I wasn't older and thicker it might matter less.

This is a 51, and it's a tad short in cockpit length with a 100 stem on it. **Edit** I did write 51 for you, but then I remembered that I had to pull all the stops, or almost all of them, to get my pad height in the right ballpark (low enough). So how about try this: use the diamondback andean pad X/Y calculator and show us what it says. We might be able to be more ballpark helpful from there. Mine was close...

Matt
Last edited by: Emma'sDad: Apr 25, 18 5:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' and ride a 57.
Quote Reply