Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 5, 18 9:46
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, Women!

...you ever feel like a Who (from Horton Hears a Who)? Last week we FINALLY got heard by those who needed to hear us. It was an epic work win. So, I'm doing fantastic!

Anyway, had to shout that one out. I managed to log a workout every day last week, which is a big win right now. 70 days left until April 15th.

Swim x3
Bike x3
Run x2
Billable Hours: 62.1
Weight Loss: Flat (which is a win during Snack Season, aka Tax Season)

I'm gearing up for a 13.1 with some girlfriends in 2 weeks so that is exciting. Then a sprint Tri as a guide for my blind friend, Cathy. Just yesterday we got out on the Tandem and did a preview of the course. We made it up AND down all the hills without falling over. BIG WIN. Then Wildflower! I can't wait to get past the next 70 days.

Rock on, Women!!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

I'm doing better but not great and last week I didn't really set any goals:

Quote:
I'm just taking it all day by day. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and on Friday. Hoping to swim and bike three times each and keep testing out a few runs. It'll all be easy for the time being. Hoping my heart rate settles down in the next day or two
My HR is still crazy and I'm not running. I biked and swam three times mostly easy and did yoga twice. I rode my bike on Sunday and climbed up a hill I've climbed a dozen times before and had to get off my bike twice to walk and then stand around just to let my HR drop. I was exhausted after and my Training Peaks is losing its mind with new HR Thresholds. I tired to run once after PT, and made it .68 miles before limping back. Sigh.

In more positive news, I've had a lot of time to practice flip-turning :D While I am grateful to being swimming and biking I'd really like to start feeling like myself again soon. My plan is to swim and bike three times and try to run again after my next appointment.

I hope everyone has a great week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Last edited by: SoCalTricurious: Feb 5, 18 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope the MD can figure out what's going on for you.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week: swim 4x (pool was closed this AM due to chlorine levels), bike 2x, do running things that make me faster. Spending the weekend in Arkansas with my brother's GF and her sister and brother-in-law. Really looking forward to it!

M: 8 mi run + 12.4 mi bike
T: 7.7 mi run + 925 yd swim
W: 7.5 mi run + 725 yd swim
T: 8 mi run
F: 7.5 mi run + 375 yd swim
S: 8 mi run
S: 6.2 mi run (in Arkansas - adding another state to the map of states in which I've run!)

Met most of the goals! Two of the runs had some tempo-ish miles. I also did lower-body strength training twice and upper body once.

Arkansas was fun :-) I had a very social week between that and having a job candidate here. This is the season for that, and we have someone here today, then another person early next week. I felt pretty oversocialized and tired last week, and binged one night, but it was the first time in 16 days, which is a longer streak than I've had in awhile. I am back on track with food and am going to be better about saying no to work social stuff - I do not need to go to everything. Self care is important!

goals this week - swim 5x and at least 5 km; bike 2x; day off from running

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Self care is important!
Yes it is. Don't forget that.

SLO, that sounds like a great race season. SoCal, I sure hope you get the HR thing straightened out. That sounds scary to me.

Well, when I fall off the wagon, I fall hard. I'm behind three runs now. I don't like to run when it's cold. I won't run when it's cold and rainy. So this week it was 5 runs, 3 swims and 4 bikes. I'm going to shoot for at least one double each week for the next three weeks to catch up on the 100/100.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLO - It is very cool how you are being a guide for your friend. Congratulations on making it up (and down) the hills without incident.

My goals were bike x 3 (nope, 2), run x 2 (yes), swim x 3 (yes), xc ski x 1 (yes), strength x 2 (yes). I cut one of the bikes out and FTP tested Sunday so that I can start base training for Calgary 70.3. I also survived the first week of my dad's visit but I am finding it very stressful and spent a lot of the week in a grump. I love him, but we CANNOT share a household. 2 weeks and 2 days to go.

This week: 3 x swim (one done), 3 x bike, 3 x run (one done), strength x 2, XC ski x 1. My run today was 35 minutes on an indoor track, my longest continuous run in approximately 23 months. My knee had better not hurt tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. T, I didn't realize your swims were so short. No judgments or anything! I'm just curious if you do them as a run cooldown or you get bored super easily? The pool isn't terribly convenient for me so if I go swimming I like to make it worth my while and do at least 1600-2000 meters, haha.

My week last week was OK. I made it to the pool, did some easy spinning, and did a lot of PT. I am going down to one actual therapy session per week in no small part because my copay is $120 PER SESSION. My therapist believes I have a good enough base to continue mostly at home on my own and I am definitely motivated to do it. It has been more than three months since my last run and I am having a tough time of it... ugh.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Dr. T, I didn't realize your swims were so short. No judgments or anything! I'm just curious if you do them as a run cooldown or you get bored super easily? The pool isn't terribly convenient for me so if I go swimming I like to make it worth my while and do at least 1600-2000 meters, haha.

I keep sleeping in and using all of my time to run... I've been trying to get up earlier so I can get what feels like a decent workout in each. I run at the gym and the pool is right there, so it's convenient for me to hop in for 8-10 minutes :-)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's expensive! My physio sessions cost me Canadian $70 (paying privately) and when I did the math the first year after my knee injury it added up to a lot of money.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 5 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I re-enrolled in the high-deductible plan literally a week before my last run that hurt my knee. Womp womp. The silver lining is I'm already most of the way to meeting that annual deductible, on Feb. 8.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply