Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
SwimBikeRun35 wrote:
For giggles I hopped on the LTP website and almost passed out. They recently have increased their prices to the point of being obscene. $199 for a one-piece swimsuit?????? Over $200 for an ugly and cheap looking jersey?? Who is running this company? Better yet, who would pay these ridiculous prices for a company that struggles to deliver their way over-priced product?

Money laundering for sure!
No doubt. I would love to dig into this company's books. Both sets!

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [SwimBikeRun35] [ In reply to ]

Yes, their pricing is a joke, but they regularly (as in basically every week), have sales ranging from 45 to 65% off. I don't understand that sales strategy. The sales prices are still high, but not way out of line for semi-custom gear.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes, their pricing is a joke, but they regularly (as in basically every week), have sales ranging from 45 to 65% off. I don't understand that sales strategy. The sales prices are still high, but not way out of line for semi-custom gear.

They're the JC Penney of cycling apparel.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

DFW_Tri wrote:
How do you NOT understand their strategy? Sell a bunch of stuff "on sale", get the money, and then NEVER DELIVER. Seems like a genius move...until someone protests on their CC and such.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Culley22] [ In reply to ]

So I've compiled these comments, and I can confidently say that this company is indeed acting as the middleman from Chinese manufacturers and marking up the price. If you've bought from AliExpress then the shipping delays should come as no surprise, LTP is just buying time with the whole making them in-house excuse.

Durhamskier wrote:
CMattos wrote:

I ordered a kit back in May and it took me 8 weeks to receive it.

Anytime I read that, I can't help but wonder if they're just taking orders and forwarding them to overseas suppliers (i.e. China) and then forwarding them once they get them. It would explain the long lead times on orders.

Also anyone who has bought from AliExpress and such knows about the sizing disparity, as the post here makes it painfully obvious
TulkasTri wrote:
I wanted to show people what I meant with the 2 suits being different sizes even though they are both "XS":

Ben, the owner gave his word 1 month ago that they were going to replace the kit () 1 month ago, he told my friend he would send a replacement within 2 days of phone call. Nothing was ever sent, no kit, no calls, no apologies, no gift card, ZILCH.

With regards to my order:

They send me an email earlier in the week, after I told them I wanted to cancel, and that I had contacted AMEX to dispute the charges, and they told me that they had actually shipped my kit last week, but the mistakenly shipped it to Florida, and they said that they could create a shipping label to ship it from Florida to me, but they suggested it would be better if they shipped the kit back to them, so they can inspect it and make sure everything was OK with it. To be honest, this just seems like they were trying to buy time to get my kit done last minute. It's been 15 weeks and I haven't received anything.

As an added bonus: Our Club Leader spoke to Ben with these concerns, and Ben is insisting I have not been waiting 15 weeks for my order; which is fucking hilarious since I have a confirmation email from 8/25 when I placed my order.

lovethepain: Try using this tool, http://howlongaago.net/date/2017/august/25

As such, they probably order in bulk to reduce their costs, hence why there is more than one GUS tri kit floating around

TulkasTri wrote:
Hey guys, a little bit of an update. After I opened the dispute with AMEX, eventually LTP delivered my stuff (about 6 months after placing the order). I decided I was not going to wear the kit, as a matter of principle, so it had been sitting in my closet since then.

A few weeks ago a friend messaged me asking if I had let someone borrow my LTP kit, to which I responded "of course not", and he sent me this:

How do I know that's my kit? Because it has my name on it: "GUS", the dude in the photo's name is Robert. Proof:

So, maybe part of the delays with my kit is that it was shipped somewhere and was used for what looks like a photo shoot. No clue if that dude used it for something else. So basically, I ended up with a $300 suit that was delivered after 6 months, and had someone else's ass in it prior to mine.

I wouldn't be surprised if their online customer service is also outsourced to China, since from what I read it is very hard to get into contact with them. Their phone personnel may be legit from the US but they're probably in on it as well.

zedzded wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
Latest delays from a 12/28 purchase...I was in no rush so I didn’t care too much about the delay, and knowing the typical delays, I didn’t follow up as quickly as I might have otherwise done. And I paid for my patience with them as we all have.

That is terrible.

Here's a little article I read about this phenomenon that is sweeping through Instagram. I get ads all the time about "trendy" clothing or accessories and I have always been skeptical, especially with how so many people I find on instagram are trying to push a "brand" and the ridiculous mark up compared to more established brands like Nike, etc/
https://www.theatlantic.com/...stagram-feed/550136/

swim.bike.run.soccer
Last edited by: lealsergio: Apr 24, 19 11:26

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [lealsergio] [ In reply to ]

Not surprisingly they weren't at the Oceanside expo this year, even though their poster girl was racing (Ellie Salthouse).

Also, I hadn't noticed but Eric Lagerstrom dropped them some months ago, he went with Castelli.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Blackjack] [ In reply to ]

is there any way you can help me do that... 6 months and $1000 later over here.. thanks

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Blackjack] [ In reply to ]

Last time I checked they went from a A- when i started with them ( now seems like a lifetime ago) to now an F. BBB has a lot of new unanswered reviews as well- including mine. I just checked again this am for shits and giggles, they now have a rating of "NR" for no rating. Reading further, this is because they are now in the process of attempting to resolve 4 previously unresolved claims Im sure in an attempt to salvage some type of rating. BBB is also riddled with obviously fake reviews to try to help bolster their rating but they have not succeeded. Listen, the way to really get them is not only through the BBB but through filing a complaint with the FTC, they will not act on individual behalf, but if there are enough complaints they will sue them you can do this by visiting their website or by calling 1877 FTC HELP. FTC told me told me to call the Office of the Attorney General as well and request paperwork for a written complaint. Both of which I have done. LTP needs to know they arent going to fuck over the weekend warrior so easily.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

I am trashing my kit made from Love the Pain. The tri shorts have faded in little over a year time. What a joke of a company.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]

Good job. Thank you for all your effort

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [mikex] [ In reply to ]

It's clear that LTP has taken an active effort to address all BB complaints and continues to rely on Ambassador postings on Social Media to drive sales/marketing. All good. I find it a bit concerning that many customers - including one of my friends from Norway - has only been able to get attention from LTP through the BBB avenue.

If the company is making an honest and concerted effort to improve performance, I wish them the best. As an outsider looking in, I just wish that they would tackle the issue 'head-on' and that the ambassadors would also take more of an active role to address what is clearly a pattern of irresponsible business behavior. There are some damn good athletes that rock LTP merch as well as others who clearly have a strong following on IG, etc.

Since I'm bored today and am procrastinating my swim, I've drafted the following letter that LTP should copy and share with the universe:

Dear valued customers:

On behalf of the leadership and entire team at Love the Pain Performance, I would like to take a moment to reaffirm our commitment to providing the best possible products and support to all of our customers as we strive to grow the "Love the Pain" lifestyle.

While we have worked hard to grow our product lines and continually improve the quality of our products, we have admittedly struggled with on-time delivery and communication issues. We are committed to working with all dissatisfied customers to meet our commitments and re-earn their trust for the future. Further, we are working hard to resolve our areas that require improvement including communication, on-time delivery, and consistency of quality.

I would like to personally thank all of our customers and ambassadors who have stuck with us through these growing pains.

We are excited about new products and designs that we will be releasing throughout 2019, and I personally thank you for your continued trust as we work diligently to improve all levels of performance.

If you are rocking LTP gear as an ambassador and actually care about your fellow triathletes who were burned by LTP, shouldn't you demand this kind of commitment from the brand you actively market?

Ok, I guess I have to swim now...

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Mcgspoke] [ In reply to ]

Mcgspoke wrote:
It's clear that LTP has taken an active effort to address all BB complaints and continues to rely on Ambassador postings on Social Media to drive sales/marketing. All good. I find it a bit concerning that many customers - including one of my friends from Norway - has only been able to get attention from LTP through the BBB avenue.

If the company is making an honest and concerted effort to improve performance, I wish them the best. As an outsider looking in, I just wish that they would tackle the issue 'head-on' and that the ambassadors would also take more of an active role to address what is clearly a pattern of irresponsible business behavior. There are some damn good athletes that rock LTP merch as well as others who clearly have a strong following on IG, etc.

Since I'm bored today and am procrastinating my swim, I've drafted the following letter that LTP should copy and share with the universe:

Dear valued customers:

On behalf of the leadership and entire team at Love the Pain Performance, I would like to take a moment to reaffirm our commitment to providing the best possible products and support to all of our customers as we strive to grow the "Love the Pain" lifestyle.

While we have worked hard to grow our product lines and continually improve the quality of our products, we have admittedly struggled with on-time delivery and communication issues. We are committed to working with all dissatisfied customers to meet our commitments and re-earn their trust for the future. Further, we are working hard to resolve our areas that require improvement including communication, on-time delivery, and consistency of quality.

I would like to personally thank all of our customers and ambassadors who have stuck with us through these growing pains.

We are excited about new products and designs that we will be releasing throughout 2019, and I personally thank you for your continued trust as we work diligently to improve all levels of performance.

If you are rocking LTP gear as an ambassador and actually care about your fellow triathletes who were burned by LTP, shouldn't you demand this kind of commitment from the brand you actively market?

Ok, I guess I have to swim now...

To this point, has LTP publically apologized for any fault or acknowledged any deficiencies? I haven't been following, but in my mind, that's not a step they can skip.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [domingjm] [ In reply to ]

I don't think so. I just continue to see an onslaught of marketing using their ambassador network. I also feel that some of the responses from the Company on BBB have been a bit combative. (ie, why are you choosing BBB to follow-up on orders?)

I really don't have a dog in this hunt, but just bothers me a bit when fellow athletes get burned.

S$%^ happens, but accountability would be nice.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Mcgspoke] [ In reply to ]

Mcgspoke wrote:
I don't think so. I just continue to see an onslaught of marketing using their ambassador network. I also feel that some of the responses from the Company on BBB have been a bit combative. (ie, why are you choosing BBB to follow-up on orders?)

I really don't have a dog in this hunt, but just bothers me a bit when fellow athletes get burned.

S$%^ happens, but accountability would be nice.

Oh totally. Anyone with any sense of justice would expect a thorough and self deprecating apology for everyone that's been screwed over by these guys.

No go swim. You might be worse than I am.

If you go deep into this thread they were previously very combative with customers.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

But what makes you think that copying/sharing a letter like this would change their business practices?

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [dand] [ In reply to ]

Good morning -

Yeah, absolutely nothing. Based on their past treatment of customers, it seems like it would take a major reinvention of the Company to turn things around. I don't wish ill will; however, 34 BBB reviews are clearly indicative of a problem regardless of how many #AntiQuit postings I see on IG.

My favorite on BBB:

LTP: Sir, We have multiple levels of communication, and I do not think that this is the platform for order communication.

Customer: Believe me - I understand that opening a complaint just to get an open line of communication between myself and a business is not ideal however it seems to be the ONLY way to get you guys to listen or respond.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
If you go deep into this thread they were previously very combative with customers.

I only know about them from this thread and finally got curious enough to check out their website. Here's a couple red flags IMO from their website that would deter me right away

From their home page
Quote:
All Items are made to order. No cancellations accepted after 24hours. Due to the fact we make to order, depending on how busy we are items have taken 12 weeks to make. If you have an order that is over 12 weeks you need to reach out to customer support immediately. Watch-out for Knockoffs. These are not our products.

right up front putting the onus on the customer to keep track of orders taking too long

from their shipping page
Quote:
Love The Pain, Inc. products are custom made in Los Angeles, California. Most orders ship within 2-8 weeks. Extended time may occur for various reason including fabric shipment delays. Changes in lead time are not causes for cancellation. Orders cannot be canceled after 24 hours of order.

fabric shipment delays? not my problem. figure it out.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [mickison] [ In reply to ]

They used to say orders would be fulfilled within 8 weeks. Every order I ever had from them took over 8 weeks. The best way to deal with them is if you like a design, wait for their 65% off code, make the purchase, forget about it, buy kit from somewhere else and if it shows up on your doorstep in 6 months it's a miracle. I haven't trashed any of my kits from them, but I will never race in them again, although I spent a shit ton of money on it, it's now going to be relegated to a brick training suit or swim to bike simulation suit...and honestly. If you compare the quality of the stitching to other "American" brands like DeSoto, Wattie Ink, Eliel, Smashfest Queen (my GF is on team SFQ), it's complete trash. So I think I can see why people believe their stuff is definitely made in China.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

Dang! I so wish I read all this before ordering!!

Placed my order 11 weeks ago, having heard nothing from them after 4 Emails in the last month I finally got a reply on Insta from some rude guy telling me I was wrong and they always reply to Emails.

Seems like they'll just keep lying till the (hopefully) deliver, looks like it's money down the drain though.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Thought you all might enjoy this ....
I was a "team" member of Mojo ... for about 6 months back in EARLY 2018 (February) ... once I set up my payment schedule through PayPal ... I got the WELCOME email ... Included in said email was their "Aim to be a different breed of TEAM. This is a family, a symbolic relationship. So, here's our [their] commitment to you"

"- Minimum Big (6) MOJO product drops delivered to your doorstep per year. One of the drops will be your race specific (depending on your sport) team kit"

After 6 months worth of payments ... the only thing i received was a plastic bike stem cap ... I had sent NUMEROUS emails to Ben and Roye inquiring about team drops in addition to the orders that I had placed that were closing in on 4 months with no expected delivery date .. I got the same runaround from both of them ... nothing new from any of the 564 other posts in this thread ...

After 6 months of nothing, i decided to protect myself and dispute the (6 months) worth of payments to the "team" through PayPal ... Almost immediately after the dispute was filed, I got an email from Ben asking me if I was ... wait for it, cause you may have heard this one before ... DEFRAUDING the "team" ...

Needless to say, I was awarded back the 6 months worth of payments ... HOWEVER, I still had over $200 worth of purchases yet to be delivered ...
I went after those orders via emails to Ben and got nowhere ... so, I filed a BBB complaint ... Ben went back and forth (between my complaint and Ben's lies (responses) ...
Ben STILL refuses to fulfill my order because he says i owe the team ...

I had placed an order 07-05-2018 ... that's TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN ... As of today - it has still not been fulfilled ... over a year later.

This company is a fraud ... and the owners are petty thieves ... If you have been suckered by LTP, take any and all means necessary to recover your funds.
On a final note, it is sad to see [on social media] the PRO's and ranking Age Groupers promoting this brand ...We all paid for their free (expedited) kits.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jAyTeE43] [ In reply to ]

jAyTeE43 wrote:
Thought you all might enjoy this ....
I was a "team" member of Mojo ... for about 6 months back in EARLY 2018 (February) ... once I set up my payment schedule through PayPal ... I got the WELCOME email ... Included in said email was their "Aim to be a different breed of TEAM. This is a family, a symbolic relationship. So, here's our [their] commitment to you"

"- Minimum Big (6) MOJO product drops delivered to your doorstep per year. One of the drops will be your race specific (depending on your sport) team kit"

After 6 months worth of payments ... the only thing i received was a plastic bike stem cap ... I had sent NUMEROUS emails to Ben and Roye inquiring about team drops in addition to the orders that I had placed that were closing in on 4 months with no expected delivery date .. I got the same runaround from both of them ... nothing new from any of the 564 other posts in this thread ...

After 6 months of nothing, i decided to protect myself and dispute the (6 months) worth of payments to the "team" through PayPal ... Almost immediately after the dispute was filed, I got an email from Ben asking me if I was ... wait for it, cause you may have heard this one before ... DEFRAUDING the "team" ...

Needless to say, I was awarded back the 6 months worth of payments ... HOWEVER, I still had over $200 worth of purchases yet to be delivered ...
I went after those orders via emails to Ben and got nowhere ... so, I filed a BBB complaint ... Ben went back and forth (between my complaint and Ben's lies (responses) ...
Ben STILL refuses to fulfill my order because he says i owe the team ...

I had placed an order 07-05-2018 ... that's TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN ... As of today - it has still not been fulfilled ... over a year later.

This company is a fraud ... and the owners are petty thieves ... If you have been suckered by LTP, take any and all means necessary to recover your funds.
On a final note, it is sad to see [on social media] the PRO's and ranking Age Groupers promoting this brand ...We all paid for their free (expedited) kits.

How is it possible that this has persisted for so long? I don't think there's any explanation other than abysmal customer service (abysmal seems so insufficient here) is a deliberate inclusion in their business model. Maybe we're all confusing complacency and ineptitude with brilliance.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Grant727] [ In reply to ]

Grant727 wrote:
Dang! I so wish I read all this before ordering!!

Placed my order 11 weeks ago, having heard nothing from them after 4 Emails in the last month I finally got a reply on Insta from some rude guy telling me I was wrong and they always reply to Emails.

Seems like they'll just keep lying till the (hopefully) deliver, looks like it's money down the drain though.

Contact the BBB. At the current time, they have a B rating, which is unconscionable considering the consensus on this forum. And from reading through their responses on BBB, they seem like assholes.

https://www.bbb.org/...16-721710/complaints

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [ In reply to ]

at this point, i'm going to lock the thread. it'll remain here, but no one will be able to post to it. by now, anyone who wants or needs to research this brand, and who'll visit here, will see what's been written here. if there's some good reason to keep the thread open, please email or PM me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next