Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Race Plans [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woah, awesome goals! Hope you will keep us updated on the weekly check-ins.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI ladies: To those of you in the USA, Happy TG. I hope the food was delicious and the family conflict minimal. Up here north of the border, it is time to put the bike on the trainer and ride in the basement for the next 4-5 months.
MistressK that ultrarun in Killarney/LaCloche looks gorgeous and insane all at once. It sounds like you know that route well. We have also done numerous family canoe trips and some hiking in Killarney. I will leave the ultrarace there to the younger, stronger and crazier than myself.
I am excited to have registered for Survival of the Shawangunks. If any former participant wishes to bestow wisdom upon me about SOS, I'm grateful for your advice.
I am considering doing St. George 70.3 for an early season trip to sunshine and warmth. Your experiences with that race also interest me.
Close to Killarney is the Canaqua Sports Swim/Run challenge in Sudbury, Ontario. I enjoyed participating in their inaugural event this year and will probably do it again. It should provide great race prep for SOS. The lake and trails are lovely. There are blueberries everywhere along the course so who needs aid stations?!
Multisport Canada runs an excellent race series, all of which are within driving distance of my home. The distances range from sprint to the Barrelman half distance (now under REV 3 series). Some of them are sure to be on the list.
Wishing all of you good health and safe training.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for Santa Rosa 70.3 as my first 70.3 - heard the roads that it switched to this year aren't the best for cycling, but still have faith I chose right
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [niagirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great schedule, I'm from right nearby the S.O.S. course (but have never gotten in!) so if you need any area tips let me know.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [Kayteedyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed Santa Rosa 70.3 last year -- good lake swim, beautiful bike, shady run -- but the the city itself was a big part of what I liked. I hope they are able to recover.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmmm... adding this to my race schedule, thanks for the suggestion!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

I'm planning to do some aqua bike races, but not sure which ones. I do miss running and trail racing, especially since running is so much better than riding here. I have gotten back in the pool and might do a swim meet in the spring. Biggest goal is to get % body fat down and get back in shape.

Oly distance aquabike, pair it with womens camp? http://www.escapeseriestri.com/...n/course-information
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starting to get excited... signed up for Escape the Rock (so I can do the swim from Alcatraz to San Fran), some local/regional tris, and I'll be trying to qualify for ITU age group worlds in Switzerland. I think I'll kick things off in May with a 10k running race -- maybe I'll see if my husband wants to do that one with me (last time, I beat him... shhhh!!). ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking about these, all are aquabike.

Chattanooga Waterfront Tri 06/24/17
Music City Tri (Nashville) 07/22/18
Great Floridian (near Orlando) – full Ironman distance swim/bike 10/20/18
MiamiMan (aquabike National Champs – ½ Ironman distance) 11/11/18

Pending - Dirty Kanza 50 mile gravel bike on 06/02/18 if I get in the lottery.

Also looking at CapTex in Austin on 05/28/18 and Kerrville Tri on 09/23/18 (couple those with a week in Austin for work.)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well crap. My knees have gotten drastically better in the last few months and the achilles drastically worse. Saw ortho yesterday and they said my achilles is so destroyed that I will need surgery and they will probably have to take a tendon from my big toe to repair the achilles. 6-8 months until I can be back fully running and biking hard. I am going to get a second opinion, but I knew this was probably coming. My MRI looks awful. Going to look into stem cell as well, I've heard good things, but based on what the ortho told me, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lotta achilles to repair.

Good thing I got the insurance for IMTX. Probably going to register for IMFL this weekend.

I guess I'll enjoy the holidays and take up knitting again when I'm recovering.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noooooo!!!! Well... think of how well rested your body will be. And maybe you can up your swim game or something.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hired a coach for the year and am committed to improvement this year.

Currently training for a hilly full marathon in early March and signed up for Augusta 70.3 in September. A few sprint and oly races from April-August. Contemplating IM-LOU for 2019.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironclm, I love that you're looking at the Dirty Kanza. That just looks like an amazing time. I was all geared up to do gravel last winter/spring and didn't train well enough over the winter; I'm not committed this year but I haven't written off something local-ish (most likely Vermont).

For some dumb reason I got suckered into the 20th anniversary hype around IMLP, so that's the A-race in terms of distance. Ocean's Run 26.2 and Chatty 70.3 are the build-up races to convince myself that I can make the distance. I think the key to Lake Placid will be to shift some more weight, otherwise my Athena ass is gonna be draggin' up and down those hills. I'm down 10lb from this time last year, but I'd really like to take off at least 30 more (and closer to 45 would be ideal).

Aside from that, there's a couple of local sprints and a half mary that I have PR aspirations for, Tour de Cure 100K fundraiser, an early season du, and the Pumpkinman oly I deferred out of this year because I had emergency surgery to take my gallbladder out. Thinking about Maine 70.3, maybe aquabike, but only because transition is less than 5 miles from my front door. We'll see. I have to have things on the calendar or my butt is on the couch.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race Plans [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no plans yet but would like to get some info here
Quote Reply

Prev Next