Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3T levers will be best.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Aduro and the Enve bars, I relegated the Aduro to a training P5 frameset I have.

In my opinion, if you are certain you want magura, then dont use Aduro.. they lack adjustability and if you ever need to lower the stack by removing spacers (assuming you have), you to remove the remove the brakes completey and then re-install/re-bleed...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
Are you guys running them on a p5-3 or p5-6?? Will they fit under the front brake cover/beard of the p5-6 fork??

I'm running a P5-3, but I have a mate who fit them on his P5-6. He used sugru to fit the brake cover. I didn't bother with the cover for the rear, but you can run it in lieu of the Omega X cover.

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
This is in no way meant to disparage TriRig's brakes, but - why??

The Magura brakes are fn awesome.
Best rim brakes I've ever used.

The F TriRig is likely a skitch more aero, but I doubt there's any measurable difference for the R.

So, you'd need 2 new brakes, levers, and cables, all to "gain" what, maybe a watt of aero savings?

That's like trading in a used Porsche to buy a new Prius.

Because aero is everything (especially when you're scraping the very depths of the barrel like I am). Plus messing with hydraulic brakes is annoying.

I have to jump on the question about 'why upgrade.' If it's marginal / depths of barrel gains, why go with a tririg for 3 seconds over the Magura, when you could get a Hooker SL to get a few more seconds over the tririg? And then run some of the skinny vision brakes levers a few more seconds? By Tririg's own white paper, it seems like these would REALLY get you to the the fastest available option for your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hooker SL doesn't work with any rim wider than 21mm, so no point in saving 1w on a front brake when you lose 6w+ on a wheel. As for brake levers, I run Tulas...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerry wrote:
Any problems with the rear one fitting?.

Yes, there are problems with fit. I had the same plan with my P5 but mounting the rear TriRig brake was a no-go for me. Yes, you could make it work but you'll need a HUGE spacer resulting in tight bend in housing. It also looked terrible hanging well below the bottom bracket. I wasn't happy with it but you may be ok with it. To each their own.

Try to get some very detailed, close-up pictures of the the brake actually installed on a P5 before you do it. Sorry, I wish I took some but was too busy cursing and remounting the Magura to think about taking a picture.

I have since sold the P5 and went to the P3 with TriRig brakes front and back (with Alpha X aerobars). I can't say enough good things about the brakes, ease of install, and adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [timujin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers,

I notice the prototype Cube Tri bike use Magura brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a P5-6 and it looks like I need to switch to mechanical brakes. I am considering going with your setup. What has your experience been with this set up? How do you adjust the rear brake for different rim widths?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TRP T925.1R made specifically for P5, when installed, has very little clearance left for Zipp 808 (rim width 26mm). I think maybe 2-3mm max on each side. If you want to use anything wider (e.g. ENVE 7.8 which is 29mm front and 27.5 rear), I don't think the TRP will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How easy or difficult is it too adjust the TRP rear brake when switching wheels of different rim widths?

My rear race wheel is a HED Jet plus (25mm) and my training wheel is a Mavic Ksyrium Elite.
Last edited by: TriPJA: Aug 19, 19 18:13
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [TriPJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriPJA wrote:
How easy or difficult is it too adjust the TRP rear brake when switching wheels of different rim widths?

My rear race wheel is a HED Jet plus (25mm) and my training wheel is a Mavic Ksyrium Elite.

The Omega X rear brake is tricky to setup (what I'm running now), so I wouldn't recommend it unless you like tinkering with stuff. Width is easy to adjust, though (once you have it set up). IIRC the TRP/Tektro doesn't have built-in width adjustment, but I think I used an inline adjuster to give it some flexibility. Not sure if you can easily go from 25 to 19 mm, though, that's quite a big span. Easiest will probably be to either get a wider training wheel or live with bad (or no) rear braking when training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriPJA wrote:

Should be pretty easy. Squeeze the brake calipers to relax the cable, loosen the torx set screw, adjust cable length to desired brake width, and re-tighten the torx screw. .
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not that simply. The TRP's cable termination bolt is to the far right of the BB, and there are maybe less than 5mm that would stick out before the cable will touch the crankarm. In fact, you may have to remove the crankset from the BB to have room to work on to terminate the brake cable properly. I tried to bend it but there is no room for even a 90 degree bend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some adjustment built into the TRP, but I would suggest you put an inline barrel adjuster if this is something you do often. The built-in is hard to get to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you set up the Tririg Omega X at the rear? What sort of cable gymnastics and spacers you have to use? Is it possible you can post or DM me a couple of pictures? I am seriously considering it because the TRP just don't work well with the limited clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
It's not that simply. The TRP's cable termination bolt is to the far right of the BB, and there are maybe less than 5mm that would stick out before the cable will touch the crankarm. In fact, you may have to remove the crankset from the BB to have room to work on to terminate the brake cable properly. I tried to bend it but there is no room for even a 90 degree bend.

I bent mine, and that's how I get the necessary clearance to the chain rings. It's a tight bend but you can get the cable out of the way. If you cut it short with your wider wheel set, you may not even need the bend when installing the narrow wheel since the bolt moves inward as the calipers close
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you keep your magura brake? I am in need of the rear one and if yours was/is in working condition, Ill buy it from ya
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 and tririg brakes [ec6863] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still using my Magura brakes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next