Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on when the new Aeria stem will be released?
Last edited by: mccormas: Nov 26, 21 18:09
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [mccormas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new stem has passed testing but with the way lead times have blown out I would be surprised if it is available in 2022.
Not that I really keep on top of what happens after the design phase.
I do know a number of other new items will have all production going to OE so aftermarket available will be quite a long time later
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question. Are there other basebars besides the current Aeria Ultimate and the original Tririg Alpha that would allow me to run internal cabling with this stem? I really like it in combination with the Aeria bottle.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wing20C basebar has the exit into the stem, but that's for clipons, not integrated brackets
There is another bar in the works but it falls under the supply issues category as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Cyclenutnz, Your insights into PD Aeria Ultimate stems are really helpful. I was thinking of a PD Aeria Ultimate, but I think you are saying your newer 2021 design is an improvement. Do you have any recent idea when it might be coming out? I don't want to buy the existing one and find the new one has been released. (I realise you are in design and don't necessarily see the release dates).

From what you are saying the newer design has better entry for the Di2, and cable management. Thanks, Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [PhilTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilTT wrote:
Hi Cyclenutnz, Your insights into PD Aeria Ultimate stems are really helpful. I was thinking of a PD Aeria Ultimate, but I think you are saying your newer 2021 design is an improvement. Do you have any recent idea when it might be coming out? I don't want to buy the existing one and find the new one has been released. (I realise you are in design and don't necessarily see the release dates).

From what you are saying the newer design has better entry for the Di2, and cable management. Thanks, Phil

This is the Tri Stem - it's 255g for a 105mm compared to the AU 100mm at 437g
It won't be shipping until March 2023, so you're looking at somewhere between April and July for retail availability depending on where you are.

Di2 has become easier itself, I wouldn't say this stem was any better than the AU from that perspective, but the exit hole is a little larger which is nice.
The aim for the tri stem was to drop weight (big tick) and reduce the price which was looking good until aluminium doubled in price and other production costs blew up too. Also most people don't need the low position the AU stem offers, so the dimensions on this are about the same as a normal -17deg stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brill, thanks @cyclenutnz That is really helpful. I shall keep my money until that gets released next year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next