Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the guy came off the bike confused, that was me. They circled me back around for a third loop before I realized it was the wrong route. A friend wants to buy my Falco V since I have a Trek SC now for next year. I want to let him know where to get a seat post if they are alive again. Still hard finding information.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
If the guy came off the bike confused, that was me. They circled me back around for a third loop before I realized it was the wrong route. A friend wants to buy my Falco V since I have a Trek SC now for next year. I want to let him know where to get a seat post if they are alive again. Still hard finding information.

you oughta search falco on this forum. checkered past. out of biz. probably more likely if you find a post from another company that happens to fit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They posted on Facebook this week for the first time in two years...but this time a road frame.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here the Falco frame/seller on Aliexpress.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what caught eye. They come with 2019 Di2 so somebody got access to the inventory to sell.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
That's what caught eye. They come with 2019 Di2 so somebody got access to the inventory to sell.

I know both the owner Binny and his assistant Rocky. Bunny is out of bike business. Rocky might still have a couple of frames for sale if anyone’s interested.

Last month at Ironman Cozumel, I saw two Falco V on the course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Molds are now owned by factory which goes under brand of miracle.

Had some interaction with them on a new mold they were gonna do. Got into modular mold discussions and after a long back and forth they told me the modular design I had pushed for and given design into for I is gonna be their open mold design.... so look for a copy of culprit legend next year as an open mold.

Upon asking what, why, etc the factory owner blocked me and stopped responding to emails, calls, Skype, etc

So, buy at own risk.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks. I am not buying anything from them. Just wanted to offer a place to purchase a new seat post with my Falco V I am selling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a custom Ti Falco road bike. Shame to hear they have indeed folded.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After 5 ish years of owning and enjoying mine it was refused entry into bike check in at a non draft UK race.
British Triathlon Federation rules state bikes must be ”traditional design” and non traditional bikes need approval 35 days prior to a race via the ITU.
This process involves submitting a form which include relevant ISO/EN safety accreditation from the manufacturer.
I’m not confident of getting that information and less so they even obtained it.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, the infamous bike that looks like a star trek weapon... If they had submitted the info for approval, it would have been on the approved list of non-traditional frames already, and it's not. Unfortunately you're likely S.O.L. with them going belly up, there's no impetus for them to get the frame approved (and fat chance the aliexpress re-seller would)...

I've seen a few of these pop up at races, we won't DQ the athletes for them in non-DL, but they wouldn't be eligible for awards or qualifying slots...
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Oh, the infamous bike that looks like a star trek weapon... If they had submitted the info for approval, it would have been on the approved list of non-traditional frames already, and it's not. Unfortunately you're likely S.O.L. with them going belly up, there's no impetus for them to get the frame approved (and fat chance the aliexpress re-seller would)...

I've seen a few of these pop up at races, we won't DQ the athletes for them in non-DL, but they wouldn't be eligible for awards or qualifying slots...

Yes pretty much my thoughts.
Just out of curiosity who is your sanctioning body?

DH

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Canada most races I believe also follow the ITU rules, including the 'unusual' bikes listing. So a Falco likely will never be allowed to race in Canada either (other than WTC races that is).
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about your FALCO bikes, but I do know about this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-bgiiTxhzM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
After 5 ish years of owning and enjoying mine it was refused entry into bike check in at a non draft UK race. British Triathlon Federation rules state bikes must be ”traditional design” and non traditional bikes need approval 35 days prior to a race via the ITU. This process involves submitting a form which include relevant ISO/EN safety accreditation from the manufacturer. I’m not confident of getting that information and less so they even obtained it.

your governing body is acting profoundly silly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct, that we largely use the ITU rules in Canada, in terms of the start no start issue, it's province to province as to how strict they are on the non-traditional frames. In Ontario, it's unlikely you'll be denied a start, but you likely would not be eligible for provincial title, worlds slot, and possibly not for awards at the event...
Quote Reply

Prev Next