Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I upgrade to Ultegra Di2 1X.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TM owners,

I would like to buy my first TT in the next weeks. I look at various used options. TM01 from 2013 and newer model.
Height: 5ft 91
Inseam 35,4"
Long legs.

Approximatley arm pad stack around 650 and arm pad reach around 450.

Is the M-S the right option to look at?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a Time Machine tm02 two and want to upgrade to aero wheels

This might be a dumb question but how do I know what the spacing on the brakes is so I ensure the wheels I buy fit?

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribike53 wrote:
I’ve got a Time Machine tm02 two and want to upgrade to aero wheels

This might be a dumb question but how do I know what the spacing on the brakes is so I ensure the wheels I buy fit?

You can remove some of the washers and fit up to a 30mm at the brake track for the front. As for the rear I don’t know, I am pretty sure that model is either an Ultegra or 105 rear Direct Mount which is around 28mm.
All in all you should be pretty open as to wheel fit, tires fit will be limited to around 26-28 max. Not so much because of the width of the tire but because of the height under load. The tire might spin freely in the stand, but when you are under load and the tire displaces, that’s when the rubbing will happen. More so under lower pressures.
I have a 2018 rim brake TM01 and have run almost every modern wheel on it with not issues. The max tire I use is a 25mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a TM01 2020 M-S (or M-L) and could provide me with a reach measurement to the rear end of the riser spacers?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Cornetto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but I don't have access to this tool.
From the values I can't really see what "front" and "rear" values are referring to and why there are different values for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently become part of the gang after picking up a 2019 rim brake 01 but have a question.
Has anyone drilled off the front derailleur mount? or had it taken off?
If not what's people's recommendations for a chain catcher? Never had to use one but can't just leave the mounting plate bare it looks odd
Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next