Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting???
Quote | Reply
I thought you said the Annointed One had delivered us from the recession? I thought you said The One had turned around the economy? I thought you said The Chosen One had implemented policies to save us all?

What happened?

Fail ...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of newly laid-off workers seeking unemployment benefits rose last week, a sign that jobs remain scarce even as the economy recovers.

The increase also may result from the difficulty the Labor Department has in seasonally adjusting the claims around the Easter holiday, which falls on different weeks each year.
"This is ... a volatile time when the numbers move around quite a bit," a department analyst said.

The Labor Department said Thursday that first-time claims increased by 18,000 in the week ended April 3, to a seasonally adjusted 460,000. That's worse than economists' estimates of a drop to 435,000, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.

http://finance.yahoo.com/...92.html?x=0&.v=7

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You wait till about 1MM temp census workers roll off of the federal teat...

I've seen several reports that they've been told to slow down to a crawl; one must assume this is a backhanded attempt by the administration to keep the employed numbers up as long as possible.

"you know, aero trumps training ;-) "
R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget California state offices were closed on 3/31, which most likely reduced the number of claims being filed.
Last edited by: jar1635: Apr 8, 10 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [Boudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How come YaHey hasn't responded yet???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just as a general comment:

in my view, employment will only recover slowly over the next 2-3 years. this economic cycle is unlike anything we've experienced since the great depression.

my view of most economists' econometric models, moreover, is that they're broken for the moment (in particular with regards to the united states). it doesn't surprise me, therefore, that these numbers came in worse than consensus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh you guys are always finding negatives even when the recovery is in full speed.

Those "great" job numbers are still great. Have you seen the metrics on retail sales, manufacturing orders, housing sales, stock market? Did you know the Fed has raised the fed funds rate .25 basis point? Have you looked at the futures or forward markets? Of course not.

Plus a one week jobless claims does not equate to a month - with the last THREE months having seen improvements over the last 2-3 years.

I'm willing to bet you on the recovery and the November elections - I set the rules. If you lose, you will never post on ST and you can go to Beginner Triathlete.com to call Obama the anointed one and talk all the stupid shit you want. I get, you have penis envy. If I lose and there is no recovery and the repubs take the house and senate, I will leave ST. Ready to put your balls on the line?

You can even take chainpin and boudreax with you free of charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an observation.

If you are going to pull out job statistics every month in hopes of blaming or crediting the President, you are going to be doing a lot of gloating and apologizing in the next few years.

Hint: the job picture changes all the time and it matters little who is in the Whitehouse.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just an observation.

If you are going to pull out job statistics every month in hopes of blaming or crediting the President, you are going to be doing a lot of gloating and apologizing in the next few years.

Hint: the job picture changes all the time and it matters little who is in the Whitehouse.

Not surprisingly you accurately identified the very point of my post. Equally unsurprising is the fact that YaHey was too stupid to do the same.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm willing to bet you on the recovery and the November elections - I set the rules. If you lose, you will never post on ST and you can go to Beginner Triathlete.com to call Obama the anointed one and talk all the stupid shit you want. I get, you have penis envy. If I lose and there is no recovery and the repubs take the house and senate, I will leave ST. Ready to put your balls on the line?

You can even take chainpin and boudreax with you free of charge.

Oh, you know I could not do that! First of all, it would be TERRIBLE if I won! I would really, really miss you. You provide predictable and regular comic relief, which I so often need. In addition, some days I am just really tired, beat, dead to the world. I just feel like fighting with half my brain tied behind my back. On those days, I seek to pick a fight with you. I would miss that.

Second, I have no confidence in my ability to win the bet. The Republican party is so lost right now, it could fuck up a wet dream. They have lost their way. They will continue to fumble until they return to their core and find a Reagan-esque figure to unite them. You know, someone like ... well ... me!

My gawd, can you envision it?! Me on the grand stage -- boyish good looks, IM Finisher Medal around my neck, Army Gulf War medals pinned to my chest, and my Mexican son and daughter at my side! Imagine it -- I would be UNSTOPPABLE!

Then again, we could just put said fantasy aside and take a realistic approach, which would center around Congressman Paul Ryan (WI-R). If Congressman Ryan steps to the plate, Team Donkey better start dusting off their resumes and hoping the have a "retirement plan" in place.

WAIT! How about me AND Paul Ryan! Oh ... my ... GAWD!!! Ok, now I have a stiffy ...

Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Oh you guys are always finding negatives even when the recovery is in full speed."

Just so that no one can accuse me of never saying anything positive about Obama or the job picture under his administration, let me make one comment. Within the last couple of days, several documents have come to my desk regarding the new reporting requirements under the healthcare plan. There's enough work there to keep me gainfully employed for at least the next year. :)

Of course, when I say "gainfully," I'm talking about my personal financial gain, not about any gain to anyone else in society.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't make that bet please, you have become one of the only reasons i come to ST. some of my best laughs are due to you....please don't go.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [wiffcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I'll stay, but I need a lot more love from the posters on ST. I'm just not feeling it, and you guys know how much I need approval. I think I need a hug.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK I'll stay, but I need a lot more love from the posters on ST. I'm just not feeling it, and you guys know how much I need approval. I think I need a hug.

There's the spineless liberal we all love. Needs approval b/c he can't stand up for principles. "Hmmmmm, which way is the wind blowing today??"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Shut your pie hole.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

The Labor Department said Thursday that first-time claims increased by 18,000 in the week ended April 3, to a seasonally adjusted 460,000. That's worse than economists' estimates of a drop to 435,000, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.

Anything Obama can do trump can do better!

“Read the transcript.â€
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
JSA wrote:

Why did you forge a quote from 10 years ago??? Are you really that intellectually dishonest?

Last edited by: JSA: Apr 2, 20 17:11
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I miss YaHey. She was a hoot.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
sslothrop wrote:
JSA wrote:

Why did you forge a quote from 10 years ago??? Are you really that intellectually dishonest?

Better

He didn't forge a quote he just messed up the quote function?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
sslothrop wrote:
JSA wrote:

Better

So, what you are saying is ssloppy was just sloppy!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
sslothrop wrote:
JSA wrote:

Better

So, what you are saying is ssloppy was just sloppy!

I hope that sneaks by the current standards of decorum. :)

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
JSA wrote:

So, you are dragging up a completely irrelevant 10 year old post in order to create a Trump bashing opportunity? As if he started the Coronavirus or something?

This is truly one of the most idiotic and posts I have seen. WTF.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how you lead:

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey YaHey, what happened to those "great" job numbers you were boasting??? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
This is how you lead:

Last edited by: eb: Apr 3, 20 22:46
Quote Reply