I managed to ride and struggle for 45 minutes. I have a safe set up (in between wall and sofa)
and was using my running shoes. I eventually made it about 20min without having to stop.
1) do you use a specific trainer tire like the ones I use on the fixed trainer (red tread) No
2) do you ever get into the aero postiton? I stick to the road bike on rollers
3) even after getting comfortable on them, do you ever move it into a less "safe" place like middle of the room. I train over one hundred hours on rollers every year, but I still ride them in a doorway because it's just convenient for me do so and pretty much eliminates the risks associated with a lapse in concentration
4) do you ever get to the point you can watch a movie? Sure. I routinely do 4 hour endurance sessions on the rollers throughout the winter. Movies are one way to help pass the time.
5) do you do hard efforts on them? Interval type stuff?