Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sastre's original yellow jersey on Ebay
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is posted already, I didn't see it:

Fans who would love to get their hands on the yellow jersey worn by Carlos Sastre in the last stage of the Tour (Champs-Elysées) now have their chance. They can bid for it in the Ebay auction that will open on the 23 December.

The jersey, which has not been washed since the race, has the rider’s number and name pinned to the back, and if the winner so chooses, the Tour winner will write a dedication to them on the shirt.

Funds raised by this auction will go to the Victor Sastre Provincial Sports Foundation to help the great work they have carried out over the last 25 years in junior cycling.

“It will be hard to part with this jersey as it has a very special significance for me, but the cause that will receive the funds make up for the personal loss”, said Carlos Sastre upon formalising the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.es/SUBASTA-BENEFICA-MAILLOT-AMARILLO-CARLOS-SASTRE-TOUR-08_W0QQitemZ360115950119QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_186?hash=item360115950119&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A895%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Sastre's original yellow jersey on Ebay [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, the price of the Jersey at the moment puts it way out of my reach but the very fact that Sastre is doing this shows the sort of person he is at heart. This Yellow Jersey must be one of his prized possessions but he is willing to use it to give back to the sport.

Cervélo Test Team have a rider that is a real credit to the team and human nature itself.

Well done Carlos.
Last edited by: Rouleur: Dec 22, 08 15:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The jersey, which has not been washed since the race......"

So......you admit that it has been worn, but the Ebay auction lists it as "new"? Pretty shady is you ask me.

Just kidding! I think it's great that he using the money to give back to the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Sastre's original yellow jersey on Ebay [Rouleur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well stated - totally agree. This is truly a noble deed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm...I searched for it on ebay.com and couldn't find it. I wonder what it would have gotten if it were on the USA-english eBay as opposed to eBay Spain.
Quote Reply
Re: Sastre's original yellow jersey on Ebay [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well - I think there may be more love for such cycling memorabilia in Europe in addition to the benefactor being based in Spain....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hmmm...I searched for it on ebay.com and couldn't find it. I wonder what it would have gotten if it were on the USA-english eBay as opposed to eBay Spain.

the Ebay auction that will open on the 23 December.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Sastre's original yellow jersey on Ebay [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I dont know a lick of spanish, but I believe Finaliza en: 16 horas 9 min. (23-dic-08 19:00:00 H.Esp) means it will end in 16 hrs. 9 minutes....unless "finaliza" means begins! Why would there be 70 some odd bids if the auction hasn't started yet?!?!?! Check your facts before you write your next story, hombre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's 76 bids in the history,so yup...it's on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://cgi.ebay.com/...p;_trkparms=72%3A895|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I dont know a lick of spanish, but I believe Finaliza en: 16 horas 9 min. (23-dic-08 19:00:00 H.Esp) means it will end in 16 hrs. 9 minutes....unless "finaliza" means begins! Why would there be 70 some odd bids if the auction hasn't started yet?!?!?! Check your facts before you write your next story, hombre.

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Check your facts before you write your next story, hombre.

Easy Tonto, that text was copied and pasted directly from Gerard's initial post - so if you have issues with the accuracy take it up with him.

You might want to un-bunch your panties first, though... I hear he doesn't take too kindly to folk who approach him with their panties all tied up in knots.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply