Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bikesdirect.com
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever purchased a bike from bikesdirect.com? I'm looking for my first bike. Any recommendations?

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikesdirect.com [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have at least three customers who bought bikes from them and they had good results. In two cases we tuned the bikes up and fit them. It is a good deal for us since we make between $120 and $350 for the labor and fitting if they need a new stem, post, cables and saddle. More if the crank length needs changing.

In general the bikes were nice and there were some good deals. I would recommend them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a bike from them and have been happy with it.

Before buying the bike I did everything in my limited power to make sure I got the size right. Then I visited my local bike shop and asked them if they were interested in assembling the bike after it arrived. Some shops would not want to do that. But our local shop was fine with it. After riding it for a while I took it to a really good fitter.

If you are willing to go though the extra steps, you can end up with a very good value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a dual-suspension mountainbike from them several years ago, and was nothing but happy with the purchase.

I also bought a road bike from them last month... and I'm once again nothing but happy with the purchase. Even the "little stuff" like the rim tape is fantastic.

Customer service was a huge mystery, as they don't list a phone number on their web site, and didn't respond to my one and only email... but things worked out for me nontheless.

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought a wheelset from them, (there ebay store) no complaints, Front, rear with tubes, and tires for $100 inc. shipping. Nice rim tape also.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply