Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler?
Quote | Reply
Two stars....two DNFs....one walks away from his bike last year and this year in seemingly OK condition...

The other gets dealt some pretty bad cards and cries like a baby without a bottle...Who's face goes on the sissy poster?
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [Ih8pepz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
troll.............................
register today - one post - ridiculous ID

Go home - the reaction you seek will not be forthcoming here
Last edited by: AndrewJ: Nov 12, 05 16:20
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Who's face goes on the sissy poster? "

Yours.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we add Francois to the list?

Lewis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see the size of the bee sting Stadler got? Three flats and I think I would walk away too. Lessing is the best short course racer the sport has ever seen, and if he can teach his body to consume 400kcals/hr on the bike, he'll be one the best at long course too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are a negative insecure person and I feel sorry for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Normann was certainly dealt some bad cards but I think part of being a champion is being able to deal with that... he was pretty pathetic in my opinion. Whether this is a troll or not it is a valid question and in my opinion worth discussion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Classy first post!

There are more like you around here. Hope you have fun!

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [Lactic Achole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please do. I'll be in good company
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did your race go that day?

Rich

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getem Rich! I got yo back! So does BottomFeeder, Erik Clark, and Monk!

I know you're are from South Florida (as am I ..and LeeZee) ...so as Vanilla Ice would say "Word to you're Motha!" ...what ever that means..

Last edited by: KJGrog: Nov 13, 05 9:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll back your thoughts. Lessing is friggin soft when it comes to long course. 4 IM's = 2 DNF's. His win didn't have anyone good at it.

Stadler was dealt bad cards. Personally don't blam him for pulling the pin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since we have not seen you win either an ITU Duathlon World Championship (Stadler 94), an ITU Olymic Distance World Championships (Lessing, way too many times) , an ITU Long course World Championship (Lessing, Nice 1995) or an Ironman World Championship (Stadler Kona 2004), you're on pretty shakey ground calling these fine pros pussies.

Imagine showing up at work for the only day in the year where you will get a "real paycheque" and flatting out. Most of us go to work every day knowing that we are going to either get paid in 2 weeks, or even if we are 100% commission sales dudes, if we blow this sale, there is another one in a few days to close. Not so for an Ironman pro. There is only one shot at Hawaii per year. I can understand Norman's reaction.
Last edited by: devashish paul: Nov 12, 05 19:47
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None of these athletes make their living on race winnings. They have sponsorship money to help them get along. What happened to Stadler was really bad luck, but he should have sucked it up and continued with the race. Anything is possible right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark Allen double flatted in either '86 or '88 (I can't recall), but sucked it up and finished respectably. I think Stadler might have been able to squeeze in to the top ten with a 2:50-2:53.

The whole episode begs the question "What would I (you) do in the same situation"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a joke when someone jumps all over a pro and other people jump to the pro's defense by saying something to the effect of "until you are as good or fast as that person be quiet." if one could only criticize pro athletes (not just triathletes) if they are as good as the pros, then every newspaper sports section, tv sports show and radio sports show would be eliminated. people have every reason to rip on stadler for either not knowing how to fix a flat or not carrying a spare tube with him. people also have every reason to rip on lessing for bailing last year when he clearly wasn't blown up (we all saw the pictures of him hanging out on the side of the road looking like he was chilling out with a margarita in hand). everyone also should bow down and sing the highest of praises when these super studs put up crushing performances (eg, stadler last year or lessing in god knows how many other races). if you want to compare this to work for most people, then stadler's bailing over flats would be similar to someone walking out of work when his/her secretary put 1 instead of 2 sugars in his/her coffee. that was not a case of a pro bailing to avoid serious damage and screwing up the next 6 months of races.
Last edited by: mag900: Nov 12, 05 22:43
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [Beast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly my point. When next year's sponsorship $$$ are 95% dependent on Kona performance you can see how dissappointed you'd feel from a double flat day. I don't know if you have ever had 2 flats in one Ironman having travelled through 11 times zones to do a race, on which the majority of your living is dependent.

Most of us are totally clueless as to what a pro triathlete faces. While some are busy working in high tech companies, exercising stock options. working in law firms becoming partners or doing mergers and acqusitions on Wall Street, padding pretty good net personal asset figures, most pro triathletes have given away some of the peak earning power from age 25-40 to pursue a profession that barely pays more that the unionized guy driving a snowplow 4 months per year on your local interstate highway.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigger Pussy--Lessing or Stadler? [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it when all you guys use these "pro sports analogies". So let me ask you how often Tom Brady, or Sammy Sosa come to post on this forum, join you for pick up ball games, ask you about your own game, or generally hang out with the fans ?

Seriously, most of the dudes on this forum make way more than any professional triathlete and we get to play with the said "pros". Last time I checked, the "pros" are more like "one of us", then your friendly neighbourhood "T.Owens style multi million dollar pro".

Rip into them if you like with your anonymous screen names, as free speech is the foundation of most western democracies...I just find it to be bad form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's even more the reason why he shouldn't have bailed -- it's his freakin job and he was in a great position to finish in the money. rather than bitching at the race officials over how slow they were to show up with a new wheel, he should have been fixing his flat and pedaling away to a top 10 finish. the fact that he depends on his kona finish, and not "exercising stock options," makes his dnf just that much more pathetic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just baffles me why it bothers you so much at Stadler or Lessing bailed ? Its not like they pissed in your cornflakes or harmed you personally :-).

Mag900, why were you slow at Ironman Lake Placid ? You really should have learned to pedal faster. You were in great position at 7 am to finish in the top 10, but you bailed out and dogged the race for the rest of the day. The fact that you did not finish in the top 10 and softpedalled through the race is just pathetic :-).

See how silly this statement is. Since I was not in your body, I cannot possibly know why you did not finish in the top 10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it doesn't really bother me. whether they bailed or went on to the podium doesn't affect my life in the slightest. however, knowing how much talent they have and how fit they are just frustrates a lot of people when they do not give it their all. what do you think when barry bonds strikes a pose at home plate only to see the ball hit the wall or when half the nba players go through the motions during a typical game? no, it doesn't affect anyone, but it is reason enough for people to comment on. i think calling either of them a pussy is ridiculous. nobody wins what they have won being a "pussy."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess you did not see Stadler WALK through most of the lava fields 4 years ago, ending the race with a run split slower than his bike ? He's been on the podium and also flown into T2 and gotten passed by 500 people. I think that is giving it everything he had. And Simon Lessing, clearly totally blown at IMC, just shuffling in like your local age grouper, just to get a qualifying spot of Kona.

Is there some rule somewhere that says that all of us MUST give everything we have on each and every day that we show up for work? What we are not seeing is all the "unpaid" days of work that the pros are doing behind the scenes when they are pounding out 35 hour training weeks :-). I think these guys are working pretty hard most days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there some rule where if someone kicks ass in race, he has a lifetime free pass to wuss out? that seems to be what you are saying. i've talked to a bunch of people who also watched the kona coverage, and every single one of them thought that ns came across as being a prima donna whining quiter. i still can't get over the fact that this is his job and he sat around and waited for a new wheel after his first flat. btw, lessing's performance that you make him out to be the ultimate warrior looked like this:

4 08:43:13 LESSING, SIMON BOULDER CO USA 4/32 MPRO 27 2 2 47:01 1:15 1:38 2 3 4:33:50 24.5 2:21 10 12 3:18:25 7:35

a 4th place finish hardly is a batan death march charater building effort.
Quote Reply

Prev Next