Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 D Fly thoughts
Quote | Reply
I would like to know your thoughts on the information that is available through this sensor. Have you found it useful? Is it worth the $$$?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 D Fly thoughts [ibetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More useful for road bikes, IMO, which have the hidden buttons to scroll the data screens. I have one on my TT bike and while it's nice to see what gears I'm in or my exact battery percentage, it's nothing ground breaking. I probably wouldn't buy it again.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 D Fly thoughts [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me more about the hidden buttons for scrolling? I plan to put on my road bike first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if Ultegra 6870 has this functionality?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only Dura Ace
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this actually live?
The article states: "So, what can you use these buttons for? Well, at the moment, nothing. Shimano say that it’s up to the developers of the external devices, such as cycle computers, to design the exact features that the buttons control."
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 D Fly thoughts [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Live. Thats old info. Now fully supported in latest edge and di2 firmware.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Within a ride I like having my rear derailleur setting on the main page of my computer. Kind of nice when grinding up a painful climb and seeing how many cogs are left. Yes, I know in the good old days I would just bend my head down to look back there and see, but this is: a) faster; b) I don't already have my head down when I learn I am already in my biggest cog.

On my TT bike, the junction A is tucked away so it's really nice to be able to see battery level on the computer so I only need to dig out junction A to charge when it really needs it.

When you switch your rear derailleur into micro adjustment mode, the computer will automatically show the rear derailleur setting. This is super convenient for trimming the rear quickly and reproducibly for different wheels. For example, my kickr and my rear wheel on my former road bike were off quite a bit and made a lot of noise. In 15 seconds I could have the derailleur perfectly adjusted for one or the other.

Finally, I think the most potentially useful feature is that it saves all your gear settings over the ride in the fit file. That can then be analyzed in a few different ways. For example, if it's a course you will ride again, you can use the data to figure out the optimal cassette for the route (e.g., maybe you used an 11/28 and never/rarely used the 11 or 28 and maybe would be better off with 11/25 or 12/28). There might also be potential to compare power output, gear and grade to see if you are shifting optimally around climbs. For example, I have learned that I need to start to downshift sooner in the start of a climb and upshift sooner as I am cresting a climb otherwise I see a huge power surge early in the climb and then output drops terribly as I crest and start to descend.

This data has been around such a short time that there's really limited tools to try to learn from it, but I think it really is a valuable dataset and suspect we will see it integrated into more analysis packages.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 D Fly thoughts [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvius wrote:
Within a ride I like having my rear derailleur setting on the main page of my computer. Kind of nice when grinding up a painful climb and seeing how many cogs are left. Yes, I know in the good old days I would just bend my head down to look back there and see, but this is: a) faster; b) I don't already have my head down when I learn I am already in my biggest cog.

On my TT bike, the junction A is tucked away so it's really nice to be able to see battery level on the computer so I only need to dig out junction A to charge when it really needs it.

When you switch your rear derailleur into micro adjustment mode, the computer will automatically show the rear derailleur setting. This is super convenient for trimming the rear quickly and reproducibly for different wheels. For example, my kickr and my rear wheel on my former road bike were off quite a bit and made a lot of noise. In 15 seconds I could have the derailleur perfectly adjusted for one or the other.

Finally, I think the most potentially useful feature is that it saves all your gear settings over the ride in the fit file. That can then be analyzed in a few different ways. For example, if it's a course you will ride again, you can use the data to figure out the optimal cassette for the route (e.g., maybe you used an 11/28 and never/rarely used the 11 or 28 and maybe would be better off with 11/25 or 12/28). There might also be potential to compare power output, gear and grade to see if you are shifting optimally around climbs. For example, I have learned that I need to start to downshift sooner in the start of a climb and upshift sooner as I am cresting a climb otherwise I see a huge power surge early in the climb and then output drops terribly as I crest and start to descend.

This data has been around such a short time that there's really limited tools to try to learn from it, but I think it really is a valuable dataset and suspect we will see it integrated into more analysis packages.

What he said. Except for the last part, because this tool/analysis package already exists, and it's free: di2stats.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes works on all e tube set ups

Jeff

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply