Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Goggle Tint
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a pair of Roka goggles in Dark Grey Mirror. They are the darkest tinted goggles I've ever come across -- like putting on a welder's mask. Overall, I'm happy with the shape/fit so I'll keep them in the bag until summer arrives.

In the meantime, does anyone have recommendations, tint-wise, for indoor lighting and/or low-light outdoor (dusk) conditions?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Goggle Tint [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For indoor pool swimming, I use the Roka F1 in Cobalt Blue. You could also do the clear. Roka says Dark Amber would be good for low light

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been swimming in the Dark Vermillion and/or Dark Amber mirror for indoor and earlier morning swims. They've both been fine. I would also 'think' that the clear mirror would be a good choice.

As a side note. I have seldom worn dark grey goggles of any brand. If I have, I've only worn them on the brightest of days. On race days, I almost always wore clear or blue tinted goggles.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Goggle Tint [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you both. I'll try one of the vermillion, if it is suitable for indoors. They are actually for my daughter who has a light sensitivity issue hence our default to dark grey. Like I said will be excellent for full summer sun in Florida.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amber Mirror or Vermillion Mirror are the most "universal"

At dusk, though, Cobalt is the best bet. Basically, pick the tint that's on the opposite side of the spectrum of the prevailing light. So dusk, when light is red/orange, go with blue.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@gotsand

if you aren't stoked on the darkness of the grey mirror, feel free to send them back, and we'll swap you out or refund you, no prob. people asked for that dark of a tint for outside swimming with overhead sun.

i think light amber and light vermilion are great for indoor swimming. they really brighten things up. cobalt is slightly darker but also suitable. the vermilion mirror is light enough for indoors, too and is nice if there are bright lights overhead and you swim backstroke.

best
rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the light amber for early morning or overcast days. I only have dark gray mirror and the light amber though -- haven't tried the other tints yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Goggle Tint [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Rob. I'll hang on to them, as they should be great for backstroke in the middle of summer. It's actually really good to see someone making a pair this dark...just not ideal for indoors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not to hijack the thread, but rob, quick question...

i got a pair of the F1 goggles last summer in dark amber mirror, hoping to use them outdoors on really sunny days. the tint is great, but they fog up really, really badly for me in all conditions - indoors, outdoors, warm, cold, doesn't matter. i've been really careful not to touch the lenses, and i eventually tried applying some aquasphere (because it's all i had) anti-fog stuff, but it didn't help.

any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Goggle Tint [climber7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@climber7,

drat. pls contact support@rokasports.com and we'll get them swapped out. the AF coating does wear with normal use, but sounds like maybe there might be a warranty issue on this particular pair, so would be happy to swap for you. feel free to mention we chatted on ST.

have a nice weekend

best
r

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the cobalt indoors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, rob! was just hoping for suggestions of possible anti-fog measures/products, but that would be great. will do.
Quote Reply