Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How Was "The Program"
Quote | Reply
So I just posted (Will you go see "The Program") a link to the movie trailer not realizing it was already out and apparently I'm bad with searching in the forums and internet. Quickly deleted the post. Sorry if I inconvenienced anyone. *face palm*

with that being said... Has anyone seen the movie and what did you think of it? Worth watching?
Quote Reply
Re: How Was "The Program" [TeamJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where/how did you see it? Seems like the release date is in March in the US?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did not see it, but the reviews for it have been fairly weak.

Not sure l will see it when there have already been several documentaries out about the same topic that have been outstanding.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw it a couple of months back and whilst I'm not surprised that the reviews were weak (it's not a great film), I quite enjoyed it. I much preferred the documentaries I have seen on the topic, but I didn't have anything else to do on this particular Sunday afternoon and I didn't resent paying my admission fee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched it on an airplane almost did not make ti through. Crappy movie. I love cycling and hate rap but watched Straight out of Compton right after and it was 10x better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was terrible. Corny acting and just touched on what happened. No idea what demographic they were trying to hit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Foster was hugely convincing as LA.
Otherwise, the movie was very boring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not good at all.

Foster's ok and the splicing of recreated scenes and old footage was solid but everything else felt like a made for TV movie. Lots and lots of scenes seemingly aimed at hitting every last one of the more famous allegations but without much thought to continuity or developing any other characters (Landis is the slight exception).

If you're a cycling fan it's even worse. In one early scene Lance takes off his warm up stuff at some European startline to reveal his WC kit and Bruneel still leans over and introduces himself as though Lance is some completely unknown stagiare. The rest of their "chat" is even worse and shows what a rush the screenwriters were in to cover the ground. I was sleepy on a plane but I think Burneel says something like "Oh Hi you're Lance, the guy who's big in America. You won't win anything here because him, him, him and maybe him, are all on EPO. That's a drug that increases the oxygen carrying capacity of you're blood don't y'know?!. Anyway, nice to meet you." It's so, so bad.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched it on the cyclinghub.tv live stream of it. I have read the Wheelmen book about Lance, and found that The Program seemed to try to capture the whole story but obviously with only 90mins it missed out many important details and the whole plot in the film felt rushed. Some of the actors did a good job with the scripts they had, though thee scenes during the races where they cyclists were talking to each other looked ridiculous - like they were on a leisurely group ride.

I would recommend reading Wheelmen, and pass on the film.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't think it was that bad, although it tried to cover so much particularly at the end that it lacked depth. I watched a free stream which is pretty easy to find and with my wife who was not up to speed on the details. It was good to pause an explain things. She enjoyed- but if you have read the books and know the minutiae I agree it will be lacking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't see it but think both trailers are awesome. Meme-worthy with those over-the-top statements.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also watched it on a plane. I didn't enjoy it at all. I thought it was boring. I watched the Netflix movie "Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story" which I thought was very good.
Quote Reply