Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sansa Clip w/Skullcandy earbuds

Don't run with music, either on the treadmill or outside, but I DO plug in to warm up & cool down, and if I'm going to do strength training afterwards. Sometimes, if I'm on a long solo ride, I'll wear the right one only, leaving my traffic-side ear open

v0coder wrote:
I must have the most oddly shaped ears because I have never found ear buds that don't constantly fall out. And I've tried a bunch.

Possibly due to surfing in cold water, and perhaps the beginnings of Surfer's Ear, I have to use a smaller cap on side vs the other, and have marked that earbud with D'Kid's nail polish so I can tell which is which [since those tiny "L" and "R" markngs are so hard to see]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I blew the bank on SoundPeats from amazon last year. $20 bluetooth headphones which have withstood close to 2000 miles of sweaty indoor running and still going strong. I don't think there is anyway you could convince me to pay more. Once you go to bluetooth headphones you will never go back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 year old apple shuffle and apple earbuds. It works well enough. Sometimes when I have pockets (winter training usually) I carry the phone but that's rare. I might finally get an armband for the phone this year mostly so I can have the phone for emergencies on long trail runs and partly because the shuffle is old and the battery dying and the newest apple earbuds' remote can't control the old shuffle. Weak.
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a Shuffle and it died pretty quickly - plus I never found the clip very secure.

Unfortunately I have to carry a phone as I'm on call most hours, otherwise I'd love to ditch it. Although it has started to feel like a safety blanket for long rides in foreign areas where you might need to call for a cab/help etc... To be honest, I don't really notice the weight of the iPhone 6 on my arm when running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still using a Nano it works great for my purposes, I think it's 4-5 years old and still going strong (gym and bike and car), I keep it in a neoprene case that I got at best buy, still using the wired yourbuds, which I don't love nearly as much as my Nano, but they work.
I listen to lots of podcasts so the shuffle wouldn't really work for me.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Last edited by: trener1: Feb 12, 16 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Rockboxed Sansa Clip for me too. Never fails me, and it's survived more pools of sweat and showers than killed two iPod Shuffles. Headphones are just bog-standard in-ear buds but never fall out.
Just drag over a few new podcasts each time I run and I couldn't be happier. Simple, cheap and does the job.

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
v0coder wrote:
I must have the most oddly shaped ears because I have never found ear buds that don't constantly fall out. And I've tried a bunch.

Ditto.

I have fused ear lobes and apparently odd shaped inner ears because ear buds never fit me either.

These, however, fit perfectly and given how light they are and being over-the-ear, never budge while running:
http://www.bestbuy.com/...amp;skuId=1304791182
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently changed my setup, I was using my Galaxy S5 and MPOW Swift BT earbuds with google music and it was good other than the fact that I didn't like carrying a phone. I bought a Samsung Gear S2 a few weeks ago and now I can leave the phone at home and just run with the watch using a playlist and earbuds for music. Only down side is that I have ,my 920 on one arm and the S2 on another...first world problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find that standard iphone headphones work fine. stay in my ears, sound okay, and i have so many pairs of them just lying around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I use Jaybird Headphones and my smart phone.
Check out this review on my website I did about the new Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones: http://jonathanshearon.com/
Definitely make the switch - I find it is a huge improvement over wired headphones.
Quote Reply

Prev Next