Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
burninglegs wrote:
Any thoughts on this? Both seem to be the best entry level bikes out there, at least for the price range and quality that I would like. IA offers more integration. Cervelo offers a more "simple" and straightforward design. Only negative that I can see with the Felt is the rear brake being under the BB. But that is really nitpicking. Both seem like awesome bikes for the money. Is there a easy way to decide? What would you go with?

The Felt rear brake is not an issue if you learn how to adjust it. Anyone who has worked on cantilever brakes should have no problems with it. If you really don't want to deal with it, you can change it out to a Shimano direct mount rear brake and be done with it. The you won't be able to use a Stages PM, but they seem to be one of the least accurate power meters so no problem there.

I don't think the P2 is in the IA16's league. If it didn't day Cevello on the down tube, you probaably wouldn't be looking at it either. It's a nice bike and it is cheaper, but the IA16 would be at the top of anyone's aero tests.

I am biased. I'm picking up an IA16. But I never considered the P2.

Are You kidding? is the post supposed to be in a pink font?
Are you a troll?....
or just mis informed? Do you have any experience with either product?
Jeez!!

Jeff

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
I would argue that before anyone is allowed to talk about yaw angles and Cda we should ask them to post a picture of themselves to judge their BF percentage and also their training logs

Sometimes you don't need to see a picture of a person to judge them. Just allowing them to talk reveals enough.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at both. Almost picked he Felt because I liked the rear brake position more, but in the end went with the P2 because it just fit me better.

Find a good shop that will let you test ride both, get your fit dialed in on both, and make your decision on which you would be more comfy on for long rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
smt wrote:
Isn't the P3/P2 faster at low yaw (<5-7.5 degrees) than a Felt IA according to Felt white paper. The white paper is based off of the P5, but the P3/P2 is very close to the P5.
IA has the benefit at higher yaw >10 degrees, but how often is one riding at high yaw angles?

The P2/3 is not faster than the IA at 5-7.5 degrees.
And the IA in -7.5/0/7.5 sweeps is also very close to P5.

Thanks for the heads up. I was just basing it off of this:

Phil White and I believe Damon Rinard (when at Cervelo) said the P3/P2 was just as fast as the P5 at low yaw (maybe even identical) and that it was the P5 3T Aduro aerobars that made the difference.

So I could see how the same aerobars on a Cervelo P3/P2 would make it as fast as a P5. I believe TriRig has said so much from their testing. Again, there are guys on here with much more knowledge about Cervelo than me, and I might be mistaking things. So correct me if I am wrong.
Last edited by: smt: Feb 12, 16 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [smt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Salazar's Faster data (take it for what it is) showed the P2 with TriRig Alpha X setup as being faster than a P5.

Again, it is from the Faster tunnel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
endosch2 wrote:
I would argue that before anyone is allowed to talk about yaw angles and Cda we should ask them to post a picture of themselves to judge their BF percentage and also their training logs

Sometimes you don't need to see a picture of a person to judge them. Just allowing them to talk reveals enough.

-SD

Priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
I would argue that before anyone is allowed to talk about yaw angles and Cda we should ask them to post a picture of themselves to judge their BF percentage and also their training logs to see if they are really going to gain from anything bike related. Some times we are talking to people who are 50 lbs overweight and we are talking about yaw angles.
Gosh, are such people allowed to post here? 50lbs overweight, how horrifying. Yes, let's get pictures and tell them what we think, and what they're permitted to think..... I've read some ludicrous and downright ignorant posts on ST. This one's right up there. You owe everyone who inadvertently read that an apology.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
endosch2 wrote:
I would argue that before anyone is allowed to talk about yaw angles and Cda we should ask them to post a picture of themselves to judge their BF percentage and also their training logs to see if they are really going to gain from anything bike related. Some times we are talking to people who are 50 lbs overweight and we are talking about yaw angles.

Gosh, are such people allowed to post here? 50lbs overweight, how horrifying. Yes, let's get pictures and tell them what we think, and what they're permitted to think..... I've read some ludicrous and downright ignorant posts on ST. This one's right up there. You owe everyone who inadvertently read that an apology.

It was a dose of a little sarcasm, sorry if I offended you. I am maybe a little jaded and worn down by a question that has no possibility for an objective or truthful answer.

I know this is ST and people talk about aero and Cda incessantly. When you are getting into a discussion of the difference between two equally awesome mid level bikes, we start talking about white papers, which are written by various company marketing folks, I would just back off a bit and ask - does it really matter? Waistlines and training is supremely more important than any difference you could conjur up between these two bikes. The industry wants you to be a tech weenie, the hook is set. It is like someone who weighs 250 pounds asking which wheel is faster, I am just pointing out it is a distraction from what should matter. Are you really going to do that much better on a P2 vs a IA 16? Here is my prediction: Cervelos white paper says their bike is faster. Felts white paper says their bike is faster. Both white papers have different testing conditions. Both ignore some competitive models and include other competitive models.
Last edited by: endosch2: Feb 14, 16 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
endosch2 wrote:

It was a dose of a little sarcasm, sorry if I offended you. I am maybe a little jaded and worn down by a question that has no possibility for an objective or truthful answer.

I know this is ST and people talk about aero and Cda incessantly. When you are getting into a discussion of the difference between two equally awesome mid level bikes, we start talking about white papers, which are written by various company marketing folks, I would just back off a bit and ask - does it really matter? Waistlines and training is supremely more important than any difference you could conjur up between these two bikes. The industry wants you to be a tech weenie, the hook is set. It is like someone who weighs 250 pounds asking which wheel is faster, I am just pointing out it is a distraction from what should matter. Are you really going to do that much better on a P2 vs a IA 16? Here is my prediction: Cervelos white paper says their bike is faster. Felts white paper says their bike is faster. Both white papers have different testing conditions. Both ignore some competitive models and include other competitive models.
See that's a much better post and I agree with quite a bit of it! Could you not have started with that?
However, while I agree with quite a bit, I still think you're missing the point with regards the weight comments. Someone who weighs 250lbs asking which wheel is faster is not really more ridiculous than anyone else who's not in with a shot at placing in a race looking for an edge. Most of us are racing ourselves first and foremost. You can do that with any equipment you like. Some is more comfortable, some faster, some prettier, some more prestigious. People use it because they want to. It's a sport, and few are pros, competitive AGers or have aspirations to world domination. Arguing that any of us should meet criteria before indulging in technology comparisons is arguing that almost none of us should. The comments about weight or BF percentages miss the point more than the attitudes your criticising do.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davejustdave wrote:
I looked at both. Almost picked he Felt because I liked the rear brake position more, but in the end went with the P2 because it just fit me better. Find a good shop that will let you test ride both, get your fit dialed in on both, and make your decision on which you would be more comfy on for long rides.

If the P2 fit you and the IA did not there is a bigger issue with your fitter than the bike(s).

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's just what I thought since in my size they are only a couple of mm's apart.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote of the day ;-)

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: tri-run: Feb 15, 16 23:45
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [FranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranR wrote:
the one that fits?

This, plus the one that makes you want to ride it more...

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 16 or a Cervelo P2? [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranR wrote:
the one that fits?

Jimster wrote:
As mentioned above, try them both out and get the one that feels and fits you better....... That's worth a whole lot......

boilerup wrote:
FranR wrote:
the one that fits?

This, plus the one that makes you want to ride it more...

The Cervelo P3/P2 and IAx series have very similar fit in my size (56). In just about every way, they have the same geometry and fit. So both fit and would fit me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
davejustdave wrote:
I looked at both. Almost picked he Felt because I liked the rear brake position more, but in the end went with the P2 because it just fit me better. Find a good shop that will let you test ride both, get your fit dialed in on both, and make your decision on which you would be more comfy on for long rides.

If the P2 fit you and the IA did not there is a bigger issue with your fitter than the bike(s).

-SD

Agree, unless you need a 45cm P3 with a down angled stem. Then it will be tricky to match with a IA, unless Felt makes a tiny IA, you will sell at least one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next