Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best motion control shoes with lots of cushion
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a shoe with lots of cushion like the Hoka's but also has motion control. Suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Best motion control shoes with lots of cushion [healthygirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out any of the Asics motion control (stability) shoes. Decent cushioning, good arch support (which is really where the stability happens), and good pricing. I use the Gel Cumulus 16 model, which is more of a hybrid between neutral and motion control.
Quote Reply
Re: Best motion control shoes with lots of cushion [healthygirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure you can get exactly what you are asking for. Hoka's are really cushioned, but motion control requires some arch stiffness.
I have had great luck with the Brooks Ravenna and the Asics GT 2000's. Decent cushion and great control.
Cumulus has great cushion, but is a neutral shoe.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics Kayano (latest version only)

"Rides" very soft, but plenty of "motion control" with a midfoot bridge and medial posting.

Quote | Reply
The Pearl Izumi H3 road has a 30mm stack height and is a stability shoe.

I've never tried the H3, but I really like the N3, which is a similar shoe without the stability features.

There are also some Hoka shoes that they categorize as stability shoes on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Best motion control shoes with lots of cushion [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 for the Asics Kayano.
Quote Reply
Re: Best motion control shoes with lots of cushion [atwist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever the women's model of the Brooks Beast is the shoe you want. The Beast is a great shoe by any measure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest trying on a pair of the New Balance 1260v5.

Larry Lahodny
Owner, Gizmo Socks
Henderson, NV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ones that fit you the best.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Best motion control shoes with lots of cushion [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's always one...
Quote Reply