Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Calling all tall racers! Let's talk fit... [jsmith82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a 1 piece tri suit, I know LG used to be able to mix and match on the M2. Not sure if they still do.

I had contacted them about doing an XS top + medium bottoms in their M2 suit.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Calling all tall racers! Let's talk fit... [Capt_Apollo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'4 .. 205 too .. Feeling short and fat compared to these guys..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I've finally had the chance to take my T1 from De Soto out in a lake and put some work on it, and let me tell you - awesome! I ended up going size 5 bottom, size 5 top (started 4, fit tight. The company let me purchase a 5 to try on and send back / refund whichever of the two I didn't want).

It fits great, the 2 piece really takes away from the pull down on the shoulders that my old suit had due to my torso length and I have a huge range of movement in the shoulders when going freestyle. My first mile I cut 10 seconds off my 100 yard average, which speed is typical for a wetsuit however being my first full sleeve let's just say I had a few concerns and worries, but not anymore.

This wetsuit is fantastic for the tall crowd, 5 out of 5 recommend it.

Regards,
J. Smith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsmith82 wrote:
Well, I've finally had the chance to take my T1 from De Soto out in a lake and put some work on it, and let me tell you - awesome! I ended up going size 5 bottom, size 5 top (started 4, fit tight. The company let me purchase a 5 to try on and send back / refund whichever of the two I didn't want).

It fits great, the 2 piece really takes away from the pull down on the shoulders that my old suit had due to my torso length and I have a huge range of movement in the shoulders when going freestyle. My first mile I cut 10 seconds off my 100 yard average, which speed is typical for a wetsuit however being my first full sleeve let's just say I had a few concerns and worries, but not anymore.

This wetsuit is fantastic for the tall crowd, 5 out of 5 recommend it.

Yep, which is why I have had a 2 piece for like a decade.

The other key parts is you do not have to put your top on until the very end. Stops you from getting too hot at times.

And, you can run and take the top off and fly by folks who are trying to run with the top down on a one piece.

So, there is much more than just fit that makes the 2 piece the only way to go!!

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad it is working for you! I'm 6'4", 32 waist and try to race under 170. I do T1 top and Speedtube pants (money saving at the time). Bibs might be better - one sprint race I forgot to take the pants off. Much harder to remove dry in T2 than wet in T1!

Our team uses Squadra for our kit - I do an XL one piece.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, I don't claim to be tall. But my build is of the less weight/ more height combination so here's my story. Last year that I raced tris was 2 years ago. Raced in a small Pearl Izumi elite one piece. Fit fine. Now, 6'2" and 145 pounds. Tried on the small the other day. Torso is good circumference wise. Legs could be one inch longer but acceptable as is. The neck... turned into a v neck.
So yeah. I don't know what'll work for me. Shouldn't be too hard.
Quote Reply

Prev Next