Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 3T Aerobars [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gerard wrote:
To date we only have tests that have been done in conjunction with third parties, so nothing we can publish.

Since your name definitely has some weight behind it on this board, I think some feedback from you regarding aerodynamic numbers on this bar will bear some weight. Do you know approximately how it fares against e.g. Ventus I (to compare against another 3T bar with some data behind it).
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anth wrote:
I'm going e-tap myself, but.....

for the Di2 boys

thanks for the photo Anth

am thinking of going this aerobar, and have a few questions

1) how did u attach the shifter to the bar?

2) my current setup is mechanical and thinking of going Di2...where does the wire from the shifter attach to, is it direct junction box? was the cable internally routed?
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the current consensus that the 3T Ventus and PRO Missile EVO are the fastest aero bars? Perhaps USE R1? Has anyone tested the ENVE aerobars?

I would be interested to see a 'shootout' of these 4 with these new 3T bars.
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [rmba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't bother. 3T's own marketing material says the following:

The slight drop of the grips result in a slightly bigger frontal area than a bullhorn bar, but on the plus side the angled wing improves the aspect ratio (the ratio between the thickness and the length of the wing as “seen” by the airflow) which should reduce the drag.

If it were as fast as the top bars out there (or even their other bars), they sure as hell would have mentioned it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmba wrote:
Is the current consensus that the 3T Ventus and PRO Missile EVO are the fastest aero bars? Perhaps USE R1? Has anyone tested the ENVE aerobars?

I would be interested to see a 'shootout' of these 4 with these new 3T bars.

is 3T still producing the ventus?

was looking at the ENVE bars too but the base bar seems to be unable to wrap bartape around it, a bit concerned about slippage...
Quote Reply
Re: New 3T Aerobars [walfisch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the ENVE bars. I have no problem with slippage with the roughened surface on the basebars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the reply!
Quote Reply

Prev Next