Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Earned my ridiculous medal today ,did all 100/100, did my 100th run today as a 10K on the indoor track.

What now?

Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
Earned my ridiculous medal today ,did all 100/100, did my 100th run today as a 10K on the indoor track.

What now?

I think we all know that the answer to your question is to print it out in color, trim it, and wear it around your significant other, family, and friends.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finished with 109 runs and 785 miles and a no run day on the last day of the challenge thanks to a blizzard. I was hoping to finish with more miles and more runs then last year, but tapering and recovering from a marathon and getting a bad cold/bronchitis got in the way of that goal. I've been dealing with some medical issues and the challenge helped me get out to just run 30 mins and see how I felt which usually led me to complete all of my planned run and usually feel better afterwards. Thanks for putting on the challenge!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [maija] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, here on eastern time, you have 2 hours to go to cram in a few more runs with an hour gap in between! Make it happen.

Please keep sharing your stories. I'll share mine. First time in 38 years aside from one 3 months stretch that I missed more than 1 week of running. This time I missed the entire 100/100 and the 1.5 months before that, but it is OK. For the long term view, I think the time off was good. I intend to be back at this next year based on today's visit with neurologist.

More to come, but please share your stories as we wrap up.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my 112th run, 1206k. No days off. Feeling strong. This is my 5th year doing the challenge, but I think it's the first time not taking any rest days. Weight on December 15: 127.2 pounds. Weight today: 121.6 pounds
I'm a runner so I never had to juggle swim and bike workouts, so I give a shout out to anyone who did all three disciplines during this challenge.

Thank you so much for setting this up again, Dev. I'm so sorry you couldn't participate, but hopefully next year.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [mlawless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mlawless wrote:
.......So, who wants to bridge up to next year's 100 in 100 Challenge by running straight through until December 15th? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Great Work Everyone!

Michael

I've been on a running streak since November 25th. I'm not sure how much longer I can continue. I'll give it a good go though!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had a gold medal to give you Kathy Carbie, I would! I can't even imagine running while doing chemo. No joke, my hat is off to you. Great job!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At my age, this used to be a whole lot easier 1 year ago!

JoeO wrote:
This used to be a whole lot easier about 7 or 8 years ago.
You can say that again!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just logged my 129th and last run of the challenge. This is my first time trying the challenge. Before this season I would have never guessed I would end up participating or running this much. My running streak started after returning from Zell Am See and a cycling camp in France last September. I picked up a bug before the race and had a rough day. Even so, I felt my run could've gone much better. For years I toyed with the idea of adapting the BarryP approach and just never fit it into my schedule. So I finished the year by starting a new run plan. Following principles of BarryP and the volume recommendations from the Desert Dude 50mpw challenge from a few years ago I started running daily.

I was on day 91 when the ST 100 in 100 started. So today marks 191 days of running 1/day and a number of doubles. With the exception of 1 huge cycling volume week, I've run over 50mpw since mid-December. As the biking volume has picked up, I've dropped some of the longer runs and done more doubles.

Looking forward to race season and finishing races with a strong run leg! Thanks for the challenge and to everyone that participated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, thanks! This was awesome. Definitely effective motivation for me. I worked through two injuries (a bad ribcage bruise and some left ankle issues) by taking some rest days and running easy.

In December I was running "heavy," feeling every step. Now I'm faster than I've been since graduating high school, and just feeling good when I run. And "only" 72/100.

Looking forward to next year, already!

B

P.S. Best of luck w your medical stuff, Dev. It's inspiring how much you're doing!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [Deserwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deserwest wrote:
If I had a gold medal to give you Kathy Carbie, I would! I can't even imagine running while doing chemo. No joke, my hat is off to you. Great job!

Well, it is a little disingenuous. I only did chemo for just under a month and am now in a clinical trial. So I can't really claim the chemo card. :) but thank you, kind sir.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
Deserwest wrote:

Well, it is a little disingenuous. I only did chemo for just under a month and am now in a clinical trial. So I can't really claim the chemo card. :) but thank you, kind sir.

I know it says "Hero of the Week" on there, but you get the idea

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was my fourth year participating in the challenge and second being run focused rather than triathlon focused. Didn't get in as many runs as last year, but training was more focused, and I got in many more hours and miles:

2014/15 - 98 runs, 92:33 time, 707.45 miles
2015/16 - 92 runs, 111:21 time, 871.77 miles

After the first few weeks of the challenge I realized I needed to stop chasing 100 by doing a run on my rest day or another 30 at night after a hard workout. I could tell it was compromising my quality workout. So I stuck to Monday as an off day and would only do prescribed doubles rather than randomly add them in. I also tried really hard to get a midweek long run in rather than split it into two runs, I felt a single run was more important for marathon specific training. I also substituted some recovery runs with skinning up a ski mountain, which I think was great beneficial.

Finished up the challenge without suffering anything more than some sore muscles here and there. Weighed myself for the fun of it and realized I lost 5-6 pounds, which is getting me down to where I want to race...hopefully 180ish. Trained though a couple short races with pretty good results, so hoping it all comes together for Boston. Then I really need to get on my bike because AmZof will be staring down the barrel of a gun at me, going to be so unprepared for the bike portion...

Thanks for another year of the challenge Dev!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
kathy_caribe wrote:
Deserwest wrote:

I know it says "Hero of the Week" on there, but you get the idea

+1 !!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 23 [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday March 23rd, was the last day of the 100/100 Challenge.

This year I was less obsessed as last year. Made it to 95 run. Ran 954km in 87 hours. 5:28 min/km average pace. Not bad consider some of the runs were with snowshoes and some in deep snow.

Some overachievers ran more than 100 runs, 23 of them. The first one on the list ran 129 runs.

437 runners have registered, 147 ran 50 times or more, which is not bad. A run every second day in this 100 days period. 163 athletes ran between 10 runs to none.

Those who were on the list and took the time to register their runs motivated each other for sure.

Thanks to all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next