Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone using Android version of Kinetic inRide?
Quote | Reply
Having problems with Bluetooth kicking off Wahoo heart rate monitor. Works fine alone..but as soon as rear sensor is connected...it kicks off HR monitor. Galaxy S4 lollipop... Have deleted data and cache ..restarted phone. Have also done hard Kinetic reset. Any solutions?
Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Android version of Kinetic inRide? [Gladiator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll let you know in a few days. I was waiting for the android app to release before I bought my inRide and just picked one up last week. It is in beta still so I would expect to see some issues.

I had an issue with pairing the pod itself with the app and per Kinetic support, it turns out I have a v1.0 pod. David @ Kinetic was a huge help and sent me out a v2.0 pod that is android compatible right away. If you have not done so, file a support ticket. They are very responsive.

I'll set it up as soon as I get it and test it with the HR strap and see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had inRide working with Scosche Rhythm on BT. I wouldn't call it stable, but they were working together for quite long periods. Couldn't record to FIT at the time, so no data to look back on. There was an update to the inRide app a day or 2 ago, and now FIT recording is apparently available, but I haven't tried it yet since the update. No solution there sorry, more a confirmation that it can work.
Last edited by: sharkbait_au: Dec 3, 15 2:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of using the InRide sensor compared to say a Garmin GSC-10 on your bike?

I know that using it in combination with the InRide app you can calibrate your trainer to give you more accurate virtual power data, but if you already have a consistent setup whereby your spin-down from 20 mph is reliably around the recommended 12 seconds then is there any real benefit to it?

I'm using my KK Road Machine with TrainerRoad and just wondering whether I'm missing out on anything?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Android version of Kinetic inRide? [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're missing a lot if you're interested in a realistic wattage reading. You noted 12 secs...my calibration factor is normally around 6 though I do use the larger flywheel. Calibrating correctly after the unit is properly warmed up is what makes the inRide work. Using the KK power curve for example at 22 mph one should be producing 319 watts. After proper calibration using the inRide I'm normally producing around 350 at 22 mph. Another point concerning accurate calibration using the inRide is this....I highly. recommend doing an additional calibration during a workout if you are doing sets of long intervals... as the rolldown speed can still change over the course of a long workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gladiator wrote:
You're missing a lot if you're interested in a realistic wattage reading. You noted 12 secs...my calibration factor is normally around 6 though I do use the larger flywheel. Calibrating correctly after the unit is properly warmed up is what makes the inRide work. Using the KK power curve for example at 22 mph one should be producing 319 watts. After proper calibration using the inRide I'm normally producing around 350 at 22 mph. Another point concerning accurate calibration using the inRide is this....I highly. recommend doing an additional calibration during a workout if you are doing sets of long intervals... as the rolldown speed can still change over the course of a long workout.

Your saying the inRide is more accurate?

I don't own a power meter but have used TR for a few years. I'm switching to the inRide based off of the review that Ray did. After a 10min warmup and calibration, he found it to pretty well match power as measured with a powertap. I like the idea of being able to switch bikes and get a good power reading (estimate).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Android version of Kinetic inRide? [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The inRide is very accurate calibrated correctly as tested using the SRM and Powertap as a comparison. However,the inRide is lacking when used in measuring cadence. The Android version doesn't have all of the features of the IOS version yet since it's still in Beta but it has the basics. One thing as a preventative measure to prevent the flying magnet as Ray noted is to use a glue gun to attach it in it's holder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to hear.

I'm not very concerned about cadence right now. It is what it is.

My TT bike is 650c and my road bike is 700c. The inRide is a very cheap power solution for me as I already own a KK trainer.
Quote Reply