Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma 3 stack/reach
Quote | Reply
I'm considering a small(52) or medium(54) Plasma 3 for next year and for the life of me cannot find an accurate stack number on these frames. I was able to get the reach values from Scott's chart, but no stack. Anyone know these measurements?

Bottom bracket center to top of upper headset bearing/bottom of stem clamp.

Thanks!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 stack/reach [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know the measurements but do know you are pretty much stuck with the stock stem that comes with the frame. I have the medium and the stem is a 75 mm with something like 10 degree rise. Trying to get a different stem was near impossible since Scott doesn't make one ( except for their TT frame) and you have to get an after market stem that doesn't fit properly. I bought the PRO Missle Evo for something $300. Do yourself a favor and read the Scott Plasma owners thread, and you'll probably get a different bike if your looking for adjustability. Just my .02 cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 stack/reach [kquantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm actually looking at it specifically because of the low/flat stem. I've always loved the look and thinking the fit will work well for my position.
Hoping to see the difference in stack between the 2 frames to determine if I want to go with the 52 and pedestal the pads and extensions up or the 54 with minimal to zero spacers.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 stack/reach [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, the TT version has the low flat stem. The other tri version stem has a net rise of like 10 degrees. The only way I could get lower was to buy an overpriced aftermarket stem that doesn't fit well. Good luck!
Quote Reply