Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vineman 70.3-Where to stay?
Quote | Reply
Santa Rosa the best place to stay? Not the camping type and have a butt load of Marriott points to burn...

Let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3-Where to stay? [Tryda33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the Courtyard in Rohnert Park, we were very happy with it this past summer, plus there is a 25 yard pool about a mile from the hotel.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3-Where to stay? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMike wrote:
Check out the Courtyard in Rohnert Park, we were very happy with it this past summer, plus there is a 25 yard pool about a mile from the hotel.

Thanks! I think thats the one I found but the address is Santa Rosa, how far is this from the race site?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Courtyard by Marriott (Santa Rosa - Railroad Square) if you want to use your points

Coffee Shops / Restaurants / Bike-Tri Shop (Echelon) / Paved Path & Dirt Run trails ... all out the front door / walking distance

Easy drive North to WIndsor & race day take 101N - to River Rd to race site ... EASY

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Last edited by: Dave Latourette: Dec 1, 15 11:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marriot is a fine option especially when using points. Also lots of VRBO options in the area as well. Great area and race. Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3-Where to stay? [TriLes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a house on VRBO near the start. It was great. Got to sleep a bit later and rode my bike to Johnson's Beach race morning. Didn't have to deal with the headache of traffic. If anybody tells you traffic isn't bad race morning, they are lying. First year I did the race I barely made it to the swim start and I left early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a Marriott but it is just a mile south of the high school:

http://www.windroseromanticcottages.com/

Stayed there last year. I did have a significant other with me. It doesn't matter though. There's nothing particularly "romantic" about the property other than they are cute cottages and some have a hot tub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't quote me on this but I would guess a half hour to the swim start, it is about six - eight miles south of River Road exit which leads to the swim. Keep in mind I did the full so traffic was much lighter than what I would assume the half would have, there was hardly any traffic driving there in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3-Where to stay? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMike wrote:
Don't quote me on this but I would guess a half hour to the swim start, it is about six - eight miles south of River Road exit which leads to the swim. Keep in mind I did the full so traffic was much lighter than what I would assume the half would have, there was hardly any traffic driving there in the morning.

Yeah, much different for the half. Two years ago before doing the 70.3 for the first time, I did the Monte Rio Olympic, in the same area, the month before. Traffic was so light I thought the 70.3 would be the same. Boy was I wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done the race twice and both times we've rented VRBO houses near Healdsburg. We like the town more than the others...it's only about 10 minutes to Windsor High School. the route goes by it and the restaurants are fabulous.
Quote Reply