Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [bofferman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bofferman wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
ctbrian wrote:
Lance hinted on twitter that he may race a Spartan Beast race in 2016. It would be interesting to see how he does given that there is no bike or swim leg.

He does more running than cycling these days. He will do trail running races next year.

He has already served six times the amount of time everyone else got, so I don't see what the problem is.

Its not the cheating that makes me dislike him but his ability to lie, manipulate, and be a general asshole. I don't have a problem with him racing though; I just won't be cheering for him.

If being a general asshole should disqualify you from a race the numbers would be drastically reduced.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [Troy B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Troy B wrote:
bofferman wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
ctbrian wrote:
Lance hinted on twitter that he may race a Spartan Beast race in 2016. It would be interesting to see how he does given that there is no bike or swim leg.

He does more running than cycling these days. He will do trail running races next year.

He has already served six times the amount of time everyone else got, so I don't see what the problem is.

Its not the cheating that makes me dislike him but his ability to lie, manipulate, and be a general asshole. I don't have a problem with him racing though; I just won't be cheering for him.

If being a general asshole should disqualify you from a race the numbers would be drastically reduced.

You are confusing "general asshole" and "world class asshole". There are levels.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

I like seeing him hounded just like he relentlessly hounded his (rightful) accusers. Fair is fair.

What rightful accusers? Betsty. wages a feud that has its origins in monetary dispute and her own actions damaged her husband's career? Walsh, who protected dopers like Kelly and Roche, and currently acts as the propaganda mouthpiece for Team Sky? LeMond, who now does public appearances with dopers and refuses to say anything about the dopers he competed against? O'Reilly, who took money to rat on her friends?

Again, I can't decide if you are really College or Mark Higgins. Could go either way.....but great job carrying the water!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

I like seeing him hounded just like he relentlessly hounded his (rightful) accusers. Fair is fair.

What rightful accusers? Betsty. wages a feud that has its origins in monetary dispute and her own actions damaged her husband's career? Walsh, who protected dopers like Kelly and Roche, and currently acts as the propaganda mouthpiece for Team Sky? LeMond, who now does public appearances with dopers and refuses to say anything about the dopers he competed against? O'Reilly, who took money to rat on her friends?

Again, I can't decide if you are really College or Mark Higgins. Could go either way.....but great job carrying the water!

Sorry if you were a butthurt fanboy but if you had more than two brain cells connected to each other then you would have easily figured out all the top pros in cycling are doping. It has been part of the culture for more than a century and blood vector doping provides an insurmountable advantage.

In a similar vein, it is too bad you cannot figure out the truth about Betsy, LeMond, and Walsh. They are no different than LA when it comes to creating a myth that sucks in the softheaded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

Sorry if you were a butthurt fanboy but if you had more than two brain cells connected to each other then you would have easily figured out all the top pros in cycling are doping. It has been part of the culture for more than a century and blood vector doping provides an insurmountable advantage.

In a similar vein, it is too bad you cannot figure out the truth about Betsy, LeMond, and Walsh. They are no different than LA when it comes to creating a myth that sucks in the softheaded.

You must have some kind of connection to Lance and/or his entourage. No other way someone could come to your conclusions.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
Troy B wrote:
bofferman wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
ctbrian wrote:

You are confusing "general asshole" and "world class asshole". There are levels.

Who's doing the grading???
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
I think he'd do pretty well in a Spartan Race. He's essentially retired and can piddle around with training... should be very doable and honestly maybe even winnable.

Of course he would. He's a world class endurance athlete, even without the doping.
Last edited by: Jason80134: Jan 15, 16 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [Troy B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Troy B wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:
Troy B wrote:
bofferman wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
ctbrian wrote:

Humans who know anything about the situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
Troy B wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:
Troy B wrote:
bofferman wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
ctbrian wrote:

Humans who know anything about the situation.

Thats funny, sad but funny. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:

Vein! Ha!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Vein! Ha!

Vein, Vain, and Vane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

OOC, did the point I made make "woosh" or a whistling sound when it went over your head?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
World class asshole is an arbitrary designation and depends largely on what axe the designator has to grind. If that's the best you can do Lance is in good company.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race a Spartan Beast race? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guy runs a fair bit, run by him a lot here downtown, doesn't mess around.

Some of you need to watch his podcast with Joe Rogan, it's almost two hours, but it's an interesting, first hand, insight on the things that have happened since everything came undone.

Deep breath, move on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next