Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Castelli Winter Jackets [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm sent. If you are going to call me names I prefer if to be to my face. So as to not take away from the this thread that I was the first one to reply to and recommend the Gabba2
( before it was turned into a pissing contest of who can wear the Gabba2 in the coldest temps) please check your inbox so we can make plans to get a cheese steak.
If anyone else feels the need to call me names, please feel free to pm me as well.
Last edited by: Breezie: Dec 3, 15 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli Winter Jackets [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was sent in a pm but felt it should be posted in the open.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the detractions from your thread. As a cyclist who rides all year long and in temps as low as -18F° I felt I could help you in your decision making process. The Gabba2 is first and foremost a great racing jersey, and why I was the first to recommend it ( for the temp range Castelli itself recommends) proven in the Peloton & made for high intensity racing where one is generating a tremendous amount of body heat. It was my assumption that you were looking for more of a training Winter jacket and not so much a racing jersey. If this was my mistake then I do apologize. As a jersey the Gabba2 is excellent but if worn under 40°F even with a base layer for >1 hour you will get cold. That I promise you. If you are looking for a Winter jacket, the Gabba2 as excellent as a jersey it is will not meet your needs at the lower temperature ranges you specified regardless of what you have been reading here . It is also a very expensive piece of kit to purchase only to find out it doesn't meet your full temp range that you are looking for.

Here is Castelli's official Winter 2015 catalog with its recommendations for specific temp ranges.

http://issuu.com/...s/castelli_-_w15_eng

Again. Apologies for any distractions.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli Winter Jackets [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Gabba2 and I love it. Best piece of kit I own.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli Winter Jackets [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironcode wrote:
I have the Gabba2 and I love it. Best piece of kit I own.

Add me to the list of content Gabba 2 users. Thanks to this thread I found this jacket on sale at Excel Sports and used it for the first time yesterday. I had a good day for a test with 17 mph headwinds on the way out and a weather channel feels like 30 degree (F) day. The big thing was I lucked out on the fit. I am a former lightweight competitive bodybuilder and my shoulders, chest and upper arms make a large fit pretty snug with a medium weight base layer. I am 5'6" and even the sleeve length is just about right for me.

I like this jacket and think it was a good purchase at the discounted price.
Quote Reply

Prev Next