Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq Power Meter compatibility question
Quote | Reply
Hey so I wanna run a quarq power meter on my giant defy and TT bike (cervelo p2). I want to run the same BB size to make the crank compatible for both. Someone told me gxp adapter for my giant and cervelo then get a sram quarq power meter with gxp. I plan on just swapping the crank over between the 2 bikes since the bb are compatible.

Giant defy has FSA omega compact Bb86. Cervelo P2 has FSA gossamer compact with English thread, but I don't know the exact size. Maybe BBright?

Any advice would be great! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Power Meter compatibility question [srose3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just get the Quarq GXP or a power2max FSA gossamer 386. both options will cover 99% of all current BB standards with the right adapter.

For the P2, pre 2014 P2s used a normal english thread 68mm BB. 2014 and newer use BBright. if it's english threaded then it's a normal 24mm spindle and either of the above options will fit with the appropriate BB.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Power Meter compatibility question [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So with the quarq gxp, I'll just need the bb86 replaced for the giant to make it gxp. Then for the cervelo I'll need a gxp reducer?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GXP Quarq is probably your best bet here. You can also get the 'BB30' Quarq and use Rotor's PF4130 in your Defy and get the appropriate BB for your other bike. It'll work, but Quarq does not officially endorse the use of their product on BB86 bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you would need a PF BB86 GXP for the defy, something like this: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/sram-gxp-bb86-bottom-bracket-road

for the cervelo, I don't know. it depends if your P2 is pre 2014 or post 2014 (which you haven't made clear). you've said that it's english threaded, which would make it a pre-2014. if it's english threaded, then you just need a standard english threaded gxp bb for the cervelo.
Last edited by: davidalone: Nov 30, 15 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Power Meter compatibility question [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes cervelo is 2012. Sorry about that.
Quote Reply