Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
coreyasaur wrote:
You wore a napkin for it, when it was napkin optional, so it doesn't count

It took me just a second but then i was LMFAO!!! That was an absolutely hilarious analogy, just perfect!!! Chappeau, Monsieur!!!

In all seriousness though, i think trail's completion of the tripiathlon still counts, but his splits and total time should be listed in the napkin division, but not included with the "real racers" in the no napkin division, since wearing the napkin gave him a clear advantage:)

For me it depends on whether he used a splade or a fork. Or (the shame) a spoon. I can forgive a napkin, not a splade.
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
For me it depends on whether he used a splade or a fork. Or (the shame) a spoon. I can forgive a napkin, not a splade.

The fork would be the most aero option (particularly on the way out), but I wouldn't blame him for using a spoon or splade if that is all he can afford. The aero cost of using a spoon over a fork is probably around 5 W per pie, so there could be some low hanging fruit (pie) improvements to be made.
Last edited by: ROUTEGEN: Nov 29, 15 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [coreyasaur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coreyasaur wrote:

There's a photo of him starting the first pie and one of him finishing the third, but no photos in between. How do we know he didn't go to the bathroom to purge between pies?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burhed wrote:
coreyasaur wrote:

There's a photo of him starting the first pie and one of him finishing the third, but no photos in between. How do we know he didn't go to the bathroom to purge between pies?

Who knew that tripiathlon could involve such complexity: napkin/no napkin; the aerodynamics of spoon vs fork vs splade; and then potential unfair "course cutting" by purging between pies. It's enough to boggle the mind:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Burhed wrote:
coreyasaur wrote:

Who knew that tripiathlon could involve such complexity: napkin/no napkin; the aerodynamics of spoon vs fork vs splade; and then potential unfair "course cutting" by purging between pies. It's enough to boggle the mind:)

We haven't even really started to examine this if we're honest.

Fork are the classic and obvious aero winners - Mark & Dave used forks in PieWar in 1989 - particularly at high yaw. However, there is unpublished wind-tunnel data on new-generation splades from a Swiss facility which highlights just how far a modern, nano-particle coated platinum splade has come. Spoons, on the other hand.....

Technique is important too. Thumb across the handle (classic) or down it (modern, win-ugly punk) ?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all that is well and good, but you'll never get anywhere without a Level 1 USAP certified coach or at least a Pieronman U graduate

PT wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Burhed wrote:
coreyasaur wrote:

Fork are the classic and obvious aero winners - Mark & Dave used forks in PieWar in 1989 - particularly at high yaw. However, there is unpublished wind-tunnel data on new-generation splades from a Swiss facility which highlights just how far a modern, nano-particle coated platinum splade has come. Spoons, on the other hand.....

Technique is important too. Thumb across the handle (classic) or down it (modern, win-ugly punk) ?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Burhed wrote:
coreyasaur wrote:

Maybe monty will chime in and school us on how they did it back in the day, school us on pie technique at the first Wildflower back in '83 or'84; you know he was co-winner of that first race, right??? There was an article somewhere on the front page about it a few months ago:)

Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Eric M40-44: "all that is well and good, but you'll never get anywhere without a Level 1 USAP certified coach or at least a Pieronman U graduate."

OMG, yes, trail could never have done this w/o a great USAP-certified coach. I think trail is remiss in not giving proper credit where credit is due:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Quote Eric M40-44: "all that is well and good, but you'll never get anywhere without a Level 1 USAP certified coach or at least a Pieronman U graduate."

OMG, yes, trail could never have done this w/o a great USAP-certified coach. I think trail is remiss in not giving proper credit where credit is due:)

But... wasn't trail fired by his pie coach?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

OMG, that may well be but we need trail to weigh in on these weighty issues to know for sure. Here he started this awesome thread and has now forsaken us. Trail, trail, wherefore art thou???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
aahydraa wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

OMG, that may well be but we need trail to weigh in on these weighty issues to know for sure. Here he started this awesome thread and has now forsaken us. Trail, trail, wherefore art thou???

He must have run away with T3
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could totally do - (with minimal purging, aka "course cutting")...

3.1415926 pies assuming of course they have the proper ratio of long chain glucose polymers, AND electrolytes. But, they would have to be tested in a low speed wind tunnel to make sure the dimples on the top are truly low drag.

chocolate pecan for me please.

so there!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
I could totally do - (with minimal purging, aka "course cutting")...

3.1415926 pies assuming of course they have the proper ratio of long chain glucose polymers, AND electrolytes. But, they would have to be tested in a low speed wind tunnel to make sure the dimples on the top are truly low drag.

chocolate pecan for me please.

so there!

Gross...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we all know what happened with P3! Step away from the pie Jim. We'll tell mom we ate it.

But I have some questions about your splits. It looks like you might have cut the first one in half and not completed both sides .

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ones that I get...

"Dude. My parents didn't even get a singe slice."
"You're going to vacuum that up, right?"
"That partial flush was yours too, right?"
"I'm sure if I was a disgusting, gluttonous slob I could finish 3 pies too."
"You were in the bathroom all day."
"Bruh."

Guy in a gorilla suit followed him out of the kitchen, so he got Dairy Queen'd (DQ'd).

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was this an official Pieman event? Did you get points toward your AWP (Ate whole pie) Pieman standings?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:
Was this an official Pieman event? Did you get points toward your AWP (Ate whole pie) Pieman standings?

No points in standings 'cause even though it was exactly the same size pies - it was a lowly HIT's event (Hurt Intestines Totally) event. Might as well have done a fun mudpie(er) event for all the respect he'll get on ST. If it ain't WTC (World Tart Consuming), it ain't s#%t!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ones that I get...

"Bruh."

Shut your pie hole !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Trail, trail, wherefore art thou???

At the advice of my attorney I am ceasing all social media until this matter has been resolved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

At the advice of my attorney I am ceasing all social media until this matter has been resolved.

Ah, i see...well, after the legal thing has been worked out, perhaps you can answer the many questions that have been raised:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ones that I get...

"Bruh."

I am not impressed. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:

Yes.
So you can rightfully wear the Official Red Dot tattoo

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
trail wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

Ah, i see...well, after the legal thing has been worked out, perhaps you can answer the many questions that have been raised:)

Son, we live in a world that has dessert tables, and those dessert tables have to be demolished by men with big pie-eating guts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. SmartyPants quiche eater? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You wish you could eat 3 pies .You eat quiche. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That eating 3 pies, while gross and disgusting, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that dessert table, you need me on that dessert table. We use words like pigout, all-you-can-eat, antacids. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who eats quiche at the very same table and deigns to mock me for the very safety that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a splade and dig in with the real men. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think about me.

Did you demolish 3 pies?

You're Goddamn right I did!"

:-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Destroyed three whole pies... other people's condescending remarks [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raygovett wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
trail wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

Son, we live in a world that has dessert tables, and those dessert tables have to be demolished by men with big pie-eating guts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. SmartyPants quiche eater? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You wish you could eat 3 pies .You eat quiche. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That eating 3 pies, while gross and disgusting, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that dessert table, you need me on that dessert table. We use words like pig-out, all-you-can-eat, antacids. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who eats quiche at the very same table and deigns to mock me for the very safety that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a splade and dig in with the real men. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think about me.
Did you demolish 3 pies?
You're Goddamn right I did!"
:-)

Very nice, actually that is one of all-time fav movie speeches, good to see it spread around:)

Quote Reply

Prev Next