Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Omega Brake on Shiv (front only?)
Quote | Reply
I really am not impressed with the braking on my Shiv. I'm contemplating a move to the new Omega brakes. Are most people switching front and back? Anyone doing front only? What are the pros and cons there?
Quote Reply
Re: Omega Brake on Shiv (front only?) [jbflyfisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did just the front. doesn't feel like braking improved seems about the same. Maybe a little less. I read somewhere that the rollers on the top of the brake get dirty when used in the rear so I didnt go that way.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went front only with the TriRig at first but eventually did the back too. It wasn't for improving aerodynamics or stopping, but just because the stock brakes on the Shiv were *always* getting misaligned and rubbing. I haven't had that problem since I switched and couldn't be happier.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switched to a front Omega on my Speed Concept. Braking is good and it's pretty easy to work with.

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went front and back simply for adjustability between my 20mm training wheels and my Stingers. I'm not a great wrench, but I can normally figure things out after a few tries. In 2 years of trying, I could get the shiv rear brake to not rub, but I never really could get it dialed in. Omegas are easy; cut off enough of an allen wrench so that it fits between the chain ring and frame and it's a 30 second job to adjust.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to the Magura RT6 on my 2012 Shiv and couldn't be happier. Awesome braking and really easy to change wheels and adjust between HED Stingers and training wheels.

The swap was not difficult and all adapters are available from Specialized. I got a new set of brakes off Ebay pretty cheap, You are supposed to use two rear calipers but all you have to do is cut the front caliper stud down and thread it so it works with the adapter, pretty easy swap overall LMK if you need more info.
Quote Reply