Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My unicorn - Bluetooth bike computer, non phone-based
Quote | Reply
Has anyone come ou with a bike computer that can display my Wahoo speed/ cadence sensor? Not the one they make that uses your phone - I'd like to race with it.

How about GPS watches - is this a common feature? I know the Garmin 225 doesn't.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: My unicorn - Bluetooth bike computer, non phone-based [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: My unicorn - Bluetooth bike computer, non phone-based [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity, why not phone based?
Quote Reply
Re: My unicorn - Bluetooth bike computer, non phone-based [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to race with it and don't want to have to carry my phone or use it as the head itself.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suunto makes some bluetooth watches. Check out the Ambit 3.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Has anyone come ou with a bike computer that can display my Wahoo speed/ cadence sensor? Not the one they make that uses your phone - I'd like to race with it.

How about GPS watches - is this a common feature? I know the Garmin 225 doesn't.

Suunto Ambit 3 is BTLE enabled (no ANT+) and IMO is a far better device than any Garmin I ever used (310,910)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: My unicorn - Bluetooth bike computer, non phone-based [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like that Scosche Rythm is also Bluetooth, so I could get optical heart rate as well!

I guess another unicorn is an optical HR GPS watch that could also pair with my Bluetooth speed/ cadence sensor.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just going to add for anyone in this boat - it looks like the TomTom Spark Runner 2 does all this, for under $200.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powertap Joule+ has a Bluetooth/Ant+ enabled version, I use it on my TT bike.

You might want to check your sensor though, most of the wahoo sensors are dual band capable. I have the dual version so I can record metrics on my watch (Ambit) and still get a display on my bike computer through the Ant+ connection.
Last edited by: xgep: Nov 26, 15 9:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo Elmnt if you can wait another month or so?

http://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/elemnt.html
Quote Reply
Re: My unicorn - Bluetooth bike computer, non phone-based [bmullin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too late, but still good to know. I believe the RFLKT needs a phone. Does this one read straight from the sensor?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply