Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone run in the Hoka Stinson 3?
Quote | Reply
Oddly, my favorite running shoes right now are my 2 1/2 year old Stinson 3's that I ran in for several months back in 2013. I pulled them off the closet shelf and they feel great so I ord'd a new pair. How have they changed? better or worse?? With the inconsistencies Ive read about and heard from other Hoka wearers I'm not sure what to expect.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in the Hoka Stinson 3? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first Hoka's were the Stinson trail shoe, before there was a Tarmac. I still run in both the Stinson Trail and Tarmac and I don't find much difference in the fit or the ride from the first one's I bought.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ooh, i was wondering that too. i have a pair of Stinsons that are on the verge of going south. i got them last year though so they are either original or 2. if they are 2 they worked great and have lasted over a year for me.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you guys having any issues with the toe box sizing? I'm on my 4th pair of Stinson's (evo, tarmac, tarmac, and these are tarmac) after switching from Bondi's and this pair is unwearable. Zero issues with any of the others.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in the Hoka Stinson 3? [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have read that the toe box is narrow in these and to size up. I wear a 12.5 so I ord'd 13's I'll know soon how these fit and will report back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only Hoka's worth a shit are the Cliftons.....the rest are top heavy boats that feel like you're running with cement blocks attached to your feet.

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in the Hoka Stinson 3? [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree with you these are just for base building and ramping up my mileage. Personally at 48 yr I feel these ultra padded Hoka's make a big difference on how my body feels immediately after running and the next day re. soreness. That's the primary reason I run in them. I also have Cliftons which I like a lot too but at 215 lbs I like the Stinsons better with the extra padding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see that being heavier for sure. The Cliftons are game changers though, and they don't feel as top heavy and unstable.

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply