Quote | Reply
Wildflower
Escape from Alcatraz
IM 70.3 St. Croix
IM 70.3 California
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [mike@tri-mesa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You better move Wales up. I'm predicting that 2016 is the last one. The new IM Weymouth is much easier, within a week of Wales, and closer to larger populations.
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm with your wife. So (asking seriously), what's the appeal of Norseman? Why is it on almost everyone's bucket list? Is it the race itself, or the sense of satisfaction in completing something that hard?
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that not one person has said Kona. I assume all you guys have already done it?
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the original poster excludes kona
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did say "reasonably qualify for" - this would seem to include a few here who may have not yet done kona, but could whom could reasonably qualify for kona (or so they think).

Define reasonable...
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norseman hands down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hyr00 wrote:
OK, I'm with your wife. So (asking seriously), what's the appeal of Norseman? Why is it on almost everyone's bucket list? Is it the race itself, or the sense of satisfaction in completing something that hard?

Not on my list. Too bloody cold. If I want snow I can race nordic skiing.....no interest in doing a tri where there is a risk of snow at the higher elevations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alcatraz
SOS
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sez the man who lives in Canada! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd add Triple T to the list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In no particular order my top 9. I struggled to find a 10th really separated from the other races I want/wanted to do, although there are plenty that I loved to do, and others that I thought I would loved and it didn't click for me (irrespective of performance). Amongst the races I wanted to do and have done, I repeated several times (Roth, Nice, Lanza, OtillO)

Roth [done]
IM Nice [done]
IM Lanzarote [done]
Celtman [done]
OtillO swimrun [done]
Rockman swimrun [done]
Engadin swimrun [entry for next year]
Norseman [entry for next year]
Embrunman [2017 ?]

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hyr00 wrote:
For me it's an iconic event, first of its kind, copied since, a proof that there is a concept which works. It's also for older triathletes like me the feeling you have when you tow the line for the first time: can I do it, can I finish? Without bragging once you have done many IM, you know that bar exceptional hiccups you can finish most races, the challenge being the time (absolute and relative to your abilities and your AG competition). In Norseman the scenery is also part of the appeal, the isolation and the chance to go to places where one woudl not go otherwise, the sense of camaraderie, the cut off times.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bucket list triathlon [chbelair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alpes d'huez
Im nice
Im south Africa
Tremblant (done 70.3 once)

My local 70.3 in the UK Exmoor which I have done twice and the ballbuster duathlon in Surrey which is also a great little race with some stiff competition.
Quote Reply

Prev Next