Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Boardman Bikes [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New paint schemes are big improvement...

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Boardman Bikes [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, but what is going on with those forks?

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Boardman Bikes [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find the top tubes to be kind of an optical illusion. The curve gives the overall bike a bit of a Salvador Dali touch or something...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Boardman Bikes [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shivermetimbers wrote:
agreed, but what is going on with those forks?
In what respect?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Boardman brand took off in the UK due to their ability to provide quality bikes in the sub £1k range on mass through a distribution agreement with Halfords. For tax reasons, related to the cycle to work scheme, as soon as bikes rise over the £1k price threshold you lose a significant chunk of the potential market for new bikes. From the Boardman website it appears they have parachuted all these 'bargain' bikes from their line-ups and instead are going focus on the performance/elite only market taking on the likes of Canyon. By my estimated all the Boardmans are 10-15% more expensive than equivalent Canyon's so it will be interesting to see how this strategies plays out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa... That's purty.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Born slippy.
Last edited by: sharkbait_au: Nov 26, 15 0:09
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Boardman Bikes [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its becoming more widely known that Halfords are happy to accept the coupon + cash to the value of the bike that you want, even where its over 1K (or 2K...) or not in their stock. All you have to tell your employer is that you want a voucher for the bike to work scheme. Halfords can order almost any brand for you, not just whats in their stock. Bike to Work is not tied to Halfords and in turn Halfords are not tied to specific brands or bikes, they can act as middlemen as well for whichever bike you want.

Having said that, I have a Boardman road bike that I got through Halfords and i love it. it was closer to 2K and i got it through bike to work scheme. My boss has a Cervelo that he got through halfords as well - not on their site but they ordered it from him direct from another supplier. my commute is 2 hours round trip and the plan is for me to take a detour in the mornings to make that longer. Great way to fit training into the day. Finally several colleagues have also obtained lovely bikes using Halfords as a go-between. If they advertised this feature a bit...

I want a boardman air 9.0 (or better) bike, just have to wait 2 years for the scheme to come around for me again. those new colours are sick. I thought the 9.0 and 9.8 air's were nice but these new ones are gorgous XD

A Boardman came 2nd @ Kona right ? I dont see boardman jumping leaps and bounds over in the US any time soon, but stuff like that would really help them. I think if a brand like boardman got their prices right combined with visibility at the highest stage and better marketing they could really improve their popularity. I know that straight away these colours are super appealing. The brand is already very popular over on this side of the pond though, owing to the above.

"Yes Boss, its my new bike. Yes I commute with it, every day. Brand ? its some obscure American brand, thats why it was so expensive. Saphire or Dimond, yea Dimond think is what its called. looks great though right?"

I edit my posts, a lot.
Last edited by: ferdia: Nov 26, 15 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Boardman Bikes [ferdia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually pete Jacobs won kona on a Boardman bile if I remember correctly.
Quote Reply