Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my only people with thr spider is that the butt is see through on thr bike, i had a guy in front of me at imlp and all i could see is buttcrack...
Quote Reply
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? I think that's not the case. I was on a moto Sunday and the ones that I saw that were "translucent" were the dye sub suits, as the material turns a white when stretched. Spider is not the same material. I have never heard of that, as the material used is much better than that. I defy you to get the main body stretched enough to see through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the guy in front of me was a bit large on thr backside and when bent over i aero it was clear... i was behind him for a few miles...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you say so, but I seriously doubt that. The spider is the tightest weave and most substantial material I have ever used.

Viper966 wrote:
the guy in front of me was a bit large on thr backside and when bent over i aero it was clear... i was behind him for a few miles...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got a wife? go put it on, stand in thr light and bend over to touch your toes, i did it with my test kit and my wife started laughing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well this took a turn I didn't expect, but thanks for the info. And you think some 1-2 hour rides in the suit before Maryland will be a good test for comfort over an IM? I'm not planning on any more 5 hour rides between now and Oct 1st.

I think I'll contact Andre to check up on sizing (at 6'2" and 179-183 lbs so probably a large), shipping, and returns just in case it doesn't fit me well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull the trigger, thats a flat course to aero matters a lot on that course.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:

Sounds like it will discourage drafting. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you will be fine with 2 hours. Andre is really helpful, so contact him. I think you'll love the suit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my Kiwami Spider LD Aero and had it 3 days before Ironman 70.3 Raleigh. I never rode in it before the race and had no issues at all racing in it. It's an awesome suit!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's hard to find more densely weaved fabric than the Spider's fabric. now for sure, if you stretch it to the max and apply light, yes, you'll see it's actually a breathable fabric
not sure what other tech fabric would resist the test.

generally speaking, the reception for this suit and other Spider models has been overwhelming. we're certainly grateful to the large number of slowtwitchers for their support.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just have a big butt.... so that could be it... or i may need a larger size.... who knows LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the suit today (two day shipping with Saturday delivery - Andre is awesome).

Fit feels good through the arms, legs, and hips but the chest is pretty tight. I think it's probably about right because an XL would be too big and I doubt I'd even fit in a medium.

For people who have the LD Aero - does it stretch out at all during a race? Do you unzip at all during the run? I'm trying to figure out if the tightness across the chest is normal or if it will be restricting. I have a moderately muscular upper body (for a triathlete).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually noticed that same thing the first time I wore it. Unfortunately I got it and raced the next day without any washing (not recommended with ANY clothing). It was slightly snug in the chest, but really no bother. I never unzip, so that could help. I will say after that first wearing, and washing it carefully, I have not experienced any highness, as it seems much better. I really love the snug feel, especially in the legs during the later stages of a race. 4th race in it tomorrow, and it is superb! I'd try it a couple of times, or contact Andre. He's incredibly helpful.

Northy wrote:
Got the suit today (two day shipping with Saturday delivery - Andre is awesome).

Fit feels good through the arms, legs, and hips but the chest is pretty tight. I think it's probably about right because an XL would be too big and I doubt I'd even fit in a medium.

For people who have the LD Aero - does it stretch out at all during a race? Do you unzip at all during the run? I'm trying to figure out if the tightness across the chest is normal or if it will be restricting. I have a moderately muscular upper body (for a triathlete).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Below are two shots from IMAC70.3 - I wore the HUUB Long Course DS Tri Suit - my concern is with the shoulder area. The suit fit perfect in a size Small when standing, running and swimming in it under my wetsuit was not noticable. I am 5'6" 150# chest and shoulders are kind of larger proportionally from years of bodybuilding dumbness and I can shake the shape even though Ive lost the 50# of muscle.

Are those wrinkles in my shoulders exactly what I should be avoiding? its not really wrinkling so much are creasing at my armpit, do other suits avoid this? A Medium would be too large. Or does this look like nothing to worry about? May try the Kiwami but I love the fit of the HUUB and I prefer the white top but in the end I am looking for "free speed" - thanks for any feedback

Cheers

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The purpose of the aero suit is to make you more aero on the bike, the main factor of which is fit around the shoulders.

Stop swimming in it.

thirstygreek wrote:

Below are two shots from IMAC70.3 - I wore the HUUB Long Course DS Tri Suit - my concern is with the shoulder area. The suit fit perfect in a size Small when standing, running and swimming in it under my wetsuit was not noticable. I am 5'6" 150# chest and shoulders are kind of larger proportionally from years of bodybuilding dumbness and I can shake the shape even though Ive lost the 50# of muscle.

Are those wrinkles in my shoulders exactly what I should be avoiding? its not really wrinkling so much are creasing at my armpit, do other suits avoid this? A Medium would be too large. Or does this look like nothing to worry about? May try the Kiwami but I love the fit of the HUUB and I prefer the white top but in the end I am looking for "free speed" - thanks for any feedback

Cheers

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericM40-44: Sep 21, 16 4:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you avoid swimming in a tri suit during a Triathlon? rolling in down under a wetsuit is a time suck getting it on when wet - Ive tried it in practice. Many suits like Kiwami suggest its OK to swim in it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried on 4 different suits before I found one that didn't have wrinkles. My Pearl used to fit perfectly until I started swimming in it than it got all stretched out. Does your suit have the full zip top? Makes it 100x easier to get into when its wet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Practice? I have had the LG M2 suit and currently use the Wattie Ink kit and have no real issues getting it on when running to T1. Yeah it is more difficult than just running but I have had many short runs and been able to get it up before I got to my bike. Like the other guy said, if you feel comfortable swimming in it, it probably isn't tight enough...or that is the case in my experience. I probably COULD swim in it but the risk reward is not in the reward side because I feel the constriction when swimming.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Official 2016 aero suit thread - 2016 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok gotcha - maybe its not a great fit - I have swam in it twice. Prior to that it still had the creases at my shoulders only when in aero, I noticed when i went on a couple practice rides on by TT bike and was a little concerned but figured it more comfortable and not flopping around like my old PI two piece that was looser fitting.

I may email Kiwami and see if he has a size that will fit me better. - Cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a few races in my sleeved aero Spider from Kiwami. Given they were sprint races, I did opt to swim in it all up after conversation with Andre. It was absolutely NO problem; even the no wetsuit swim. No swimskin over it, and it was fine. The wetsuit swims I felt no obstruction, and the sleeves were fine on the bike. The more I wear it, the more I like it. Also, the way the suit is designed, with the full zip front and lower section connected only at the rear, any pre race pees are no issue at all. Even during a race if the need arises and you want to stop, the shorts simply pull down in the front. A very nicely designed suit, EXTREMELY comfortable, and truly functional in being aero and fast. GREAT suit!
Quote Reply

Prev Next