Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chest-strap -free HRMs [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your opinion.

Thanks also for your helpful articles and product reviews. Been sharing them with friends. Great job.
Quote Reply
Re: Chest-strap -free HRMs [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fitbit Surge - it is very accurate. I compared it to my chest strap one.
Quote Reply
Re: Chest-strap -free HRMs [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Easily Scosche.

Can it be worn on the opposite arm as the Garmin 910? I've heard some of these have to be on the same arm, and that is getting crowded.
Quote Reply
Re: Chest-strap -free HRMs [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Mio Link. It's a love-hate relationship.

I love it because I had a hard time with straps. I had one - the one that came with my Suunto Ambit 2S - and it kept slowly going down, until it fell around my waist and became useless. Obviously, I don't have that problem with the Link. Granted, there might be "stickier" straps than the one from Suunto was.

I hate it because the battery doesn't last too long. Sometimes it takes 5-10min to recognize I have a pulse (I usually start it 15min before activity, which means 15min of precious battery life). Sometimes it recognize I have a pulse but does not recognize that my pulse is changing until 10min into the activity - by that time I usually wiggle the thing until it starts registering something.

Eventually, I'll look into the HRM-TRI... Ray indicated it is a tad sticky near the sensor, that might not be good enough for me for the pool, but it might make it fine for me for the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Chest-strap -free HRMs [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
dcrainmaker wrote:
Easily Scosche.

Can it be worn on the opposite arm as the Garmin 910? I've heard some of these have to be on the same arm, and that is getting crowded.

I don't think I've ever had a drop-out, and I often cross-chain it. For example, lately I've been wearing it on my upper right arm, and then using it with a 920XT in my left hand. Also did some stuff this weekend with another watch just doing data recovery on a spibelt off my left hip. It's all about body blockage of course, but you just don't get the problems that the Mio Link had with their antenna design.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next