Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wildflower 2016 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
$750, same as Alcatraz. All triathlons are now $750.

Where are you seeing race fees? I clicked through all the plausible places on the Wildflower 2016 site, not finding fees anywhere, must be missing something.

"Revamped pricing, hassle free event packages and a club competition are just a few of the items that will make 2016 a can't miss year." There's something pretty ballsy about pitching inflated prices as a selling point!
Last edited by: niccolo: Nov 3, 15 20:32
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think maybe kjmcawesome is being a little sarcastic? Of course maybe the $750 is to cover year long, around the clock rain dances???

Don't see any pricing on the TriCal website yet, so "revamped pricing" could be anything at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
I think maybe kjmcawesome is being a little sarcastic? Of course maybe the $750 is to cover year long, around the clock rain dances???

Don't see any pricing on the TriCal website yet, so "revamped pricing" could be anything at this point.

Pink font, people, pink font.

I find the Tri-Cal website confusing. For example, the register links just take you to a page where you can't register. I suppose other links will be posted there when registration is actually open.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be nice if it said registration coming soon, or a specific date. I just checked through some old emails, and last year registration opened on Nov 14th, so hopefully another week of two???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI ... Tri-Cal has posted a note that registration will open by Dec 1st
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:

for that price they need real strippers. none of those WTC wetsuit strippers.

Apparantly you don't know about the mile 4 aid station.

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed! Pink font, people, pink font. My heart nearly sank reading the false price tag. Fingers crossed the reg fee will be in line with value/expectation.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never in my life thought I'd pick "splash" over "flash" but I hav to admit I did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
A well informed source privy to internal discussion indicates Wildflower 2016 may or may not happen, due to water levels.
From Tri-Cal email:
Tri-California Events wrote:
Wildflower Triathlons Confirmed for 2016!
April 29 - May 1
Lake San Antonio, CA
The 2016 Wildflower Triathlons is a GO and will host the infamous Long Course, Olympic Distance, and Off-Road Sprint Distance for which it’s been known. WF^2 is back as well - race Long Course and Olympic. New in 2016, Wildflower will also host an On-Road Sprint Distance! Wildflower is the ‘One and Only’ and combines great triathlon community with racing, live music, premium wine tasting, camping and good ol’ times making it the “Woodstock of Triathlon.” The Resort may be closed for business, but we are not. We are confirmed for 2016 racing. Registration will launch Dec 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the email yesterday. Wildflower is a go. April 29 to May 1.
Registration opens December 1.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa. Wildflower got a fancy new webpage (just the wildflower.tricalifornia.com site - tricalifornia.com is still mostly the same).

Looks like registration won't be available until Dec 18.

Any clues as to their "new pricing"??

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [htrout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registration is open, and pricing is on the registration page.

New landing page is http://www.wildflower.tricalifornia.com/#course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know they said Wildflower is a go, but looking at how little rain we got so far in California (El Nino has been a joke so far), and looking at water charts for Lake San Antonio, I wonder what are the chances the swim is still a go? At 3% capacity right now, hard to imagine it won't get cancelled.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [jaskew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaskew wrote:
I know they said Wildflower is a go, but looking at how little rain we got so far in California (El Nino has been a joke so far), and looking at
water charts for Lake San Antonio, I wonder what are the chances the swim is still a go? At 3% capacity right now, hard to imagine it won't get cancelled.

Sadly, it's currently about 1/3 less volume than last year according to this...

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/...ogs/queryMonthly?ATN
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
jaskew wrote:
I know they said Wildflower is a go, but looking at how little rain we got so far in California (El Nino has been a joke so far), and looking at
water charts for Lake San Antonio, I wonder what are the chances the swim is still a go? At 3% capacity right now, hard to imagine it won't get cancelled.

I'm surprised, it seems like it's been raining often and in significant quantities in recent weeks. But maybe not enough to put a significant dent in longer-term trends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
jaskew wrote:

I'm surprised, it seems like it's been raining often and in significant quantities in recent weeks. But maybe not enough to put a significant dent in longer-term trends.

Yep, been raining a lot, is right now. But most is up north. But none of is it the El Nino stuff they said. Rain, yep. Quantity, NOPE

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, the website shows the last water reading (DEC 2015) was 87% compared to the same time last year (Dec 2014). So a bit of a drop, but not 1/3. It should be interesting to see what January's reading is. There was plenty of water for the swim last year so I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of a swim just yet..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that site appears to lag 3 or 4 weeks but it would take a lot more rainfall than we've gotten to start making a dent there
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [JoshTriNW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshTriNW wrote:
Actually, the website shows the last water reading (DEC 2015) was 87% compared to the same time last year (Dec 2014). So a bit of a drop, but not 1/3. It should be interesting to see what January's reading is. There was plenty of water for the swim last year so I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of a swim just yet..

Just looking at 15K AF in 2/15 to 10K AF in 12/15
Quote Reply

Prev Next