Cassette: Shimano 11-25t
Front Wheel: Zipp 404 NSW
Rear Wheel: Roval 321 Tubeless
Tyre: Continental GP5000 TL 25mm
Saddle: Specialized Sitero
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Aero
Cage 1: XLab Gorrilla XT
Cage 2: Elite Chrono Cx Carbon

I'm assuming with that gearing that's for time trial and not triathlon. If so, even our locals being really "loose" won't let you run that integral or "tri style" hydration in a TT. They had folks ripping them off at regionals. I think they were OK with a behind the seat. Basically if you can drink from it without sitting up and reaching for it, it's a no-go. It's a TT, not a triathlon.

If gearing that is for triathlon along with the hydration, that's a miserable gearing choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No man, It's for triathlon.

My cadence is low and I can cycle with this gear in a flat course. Even with small hills it's okay. My last ironman 70.3 I did the course in 2h08 (42.2km/h) and run 1h20. Total Time 4:06. For me it's perfect.

I was using 58 chainring and It was missing some gear. I don't do Time Trial, that's why I use the hydratation system.

This weekend I will do another half ironman and my plan is to cycle bellow 2h05.

Thank you for your coment
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Linonardin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Linonardin wrote:

My cadence is low and I can cycle with this gear in a flat course. Even with small hills it's okay. My last ironman 70.3 I did the course in 2h08 (42.2km/h) and run 1h20. Total Time 4:06. For me it's perfect.

I was using 58 chainring and It was missing some gear. I don't do Time Trial, that's why I use the hydratation system.

This weekend I will do another half ironman and my plan is to cycle bellow 2h05.

Sorry about that. I don't know why that's a complaint I always have on TT's. I bet you surely get some looks at events though with that ring. Low cadence or not! As 2h 08m is rolling out either way.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Linonardin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Linonardin wrote:

Bike looks great!

Congrats on the 2:08

By any chance are you doing the Alpha Win Half distance ?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Little update to my 1x drivetrain here with 165mm vision aero cranks, Speedplay Powerlink dual sided, Ultegra 8070GS rear derailleur. Still using the same Garabuk 56t chainring.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool and pretty
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben are you running the Blur 633 rear disc for race day?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a list to receive one when there is an extra around. Crazy what being the TT wheel of choice for Ineos does to global demand haha. I've got a Ron Aeron X around that I'm going to be running until I can get a Blur.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my set up:

- argon 18 e117 tri frameset
- tri spoke front wheel
- aerocoach disc wheel
- Shimano ultegra/dura ace groupset
- Use extensions (put them in reversed to get a higher reach)
- wattshop 20 degrees arm pads
- 56T chain ring
- radtsport ibert toolbox
- 3D printed wahoo mount

Last year I used a 58T chainring that I kept on my bike after the period that I was a pure cyclist and did TT’s. For a triathlon I found that a 58 is a bit to big, because it can be a grind when you are having a headwind. For a tailwind it is ideal though. For now I’ve opted with a 56T chain ring that should give me the extra edge when I’m going fast, but not giving me a disadvantage when going into a headwind. (The bike in the first picture is before going 1x, but you get the idea :))

Last year I trained and raced with the 58 1x and it never fell off. This wasn’t during some indoor rides, but during a lot of outdoor rides with potholes and speed bumps. It was properly tested to say the least. So I was confident that this set up should work. Only during two races at the end of 2021 my chain dropped twice and I couldn’t figure out why. So now I’ve opted for a chain catcher from Aerocoach (see second picture).

I also made a special cockpit on my bike, so that I can bring an extra bottle between the arm pads with me during a ride or race. I bought a carbon fiber plate and drilled holes in it so it did fit the profile design brackets that are beneath it. Very pleased with the result!

Last edited by: Jissa: Apr 28, 22 9:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old School shifting, and logo…was waiting on new 51 speedshop aero bar/shimano 12 speed…just couldn’t wait any longer this year and still had some sram 1X to play with.

Last edited by: zooropa: May 8, 22 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I love that frame, especially with the Superfork. And that paint job is class. Nice build!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine, freshy set up.

Also made me a little video for the fun of it.

Quote Reply

Prev Next