Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The official Culprit Legend Thread
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone

You should soon be seeing images out of the Culprit Legend. I will start by giving some basic design information and if you want more, Please go ahead and ask. I will try to be prompt to reply.

Here is the rim brake version and disc brake versions

The bike is currently an RP (rapid prototype, 3d printed plastic) prototype and we will use a crowd funding source to fund the molds.
Culprit is a family owned business, hence we need your help to make this dream a reality. The R&D is about done(CFD is still running additional runs as we speak to verify some things and we are heading to a wind tunnel next week), and next come molds and production. We would love your help

The frame is

BB 386
Shimano direct mount under the BB brake for rim brakes with alloy adaptors for 130 mm OLD hubs
Shimano flat mount disc brake design for disc brakes using 142x 12 shimano E thru standard
Cable routing runs full routing through the frame
Massive oversized chainstays for structural purposes for no seatstay design- assymetic
Frame can hold 2 water bottles in the front triangle for training needs
Frame has a hidden compartment for an 8 tool multi tool

Forks-
The New Legend has rim specific and disc specific forks. We are looking at using magnets for production. Still discussing final details with our manufacturer ready to make this bike

Rim brake fork will use a shimano direct mount bolts. But will come with a new unreleased TRP "delta style" brake. Covered by the aero cover. Brake is still not final, so the cover will be shaped when it is 100% finished

Disc brakes

100 mm x 12 mm e thru shimano thru axle design. Flat mount disc brake mount. Internal routing hides under a magnet cover.

The design for this bike was to be a super bike but without all the proprietary integration. We realize that upon traveling, things get damaged, etc. We want you to be able to take an off the shelf part in desperation and still be able to race when things don't go as planned in travel.

Cable routing has a little exposed front brake before being tucked into the cover. Super easy to travel with. take off the covers, release the stem bolts and the bar will fall to the side. No more superbike mechanic fees.

Pricing is going to be roughly (Not final, please don't hold me to this)
3750-3850 for the rim brake frame, fork, seatpost, brakes
3600-3700 for the disc brake version, frame, for, seatpost, no brakes included (brakes are under development by some brands, nothing is released yet)
Adding the handlebar stem is about 750 more, so around the 4500 ball park number

Pricing will be inclusive of free shipping and most likely global import duties paid.

For crowd funding we will offer

First 25 supporters at 35% off MSRP (not including import duties paid)
Next 25 supports 30% off MSRP (not including import duties paid)
Remaining supporters 25% off MSRP (not including import duties paid)

4 paint options for crowd funding... Upcharge can be made later for custom paint.

Complete bike builds will be offered in build kits later to funders at special rates. Most likely, di2 ultegra around 4-5 K for early supports, roughly. Di2 Dura Ace and Sram E tap will be priced out later and shared privately with our backers.

Again, this is just some information. Please ask away.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Culprit Legend Thread [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will riding the bike on a stationary trainer void the frame warranty?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Culprit Legend Thread [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Liaman

Bike is still in prototype stage. If the bike makes production from crowd funding. this will be one of the things we will test in prototype testing. Use of trainers.

I cannot give an answer yet as I do not know. I am hoping we can work with trainers such as wahoo kickr and the styles like that. So, honest answer. right now. I don't know, but it will be one of the discussions with the factory when it comes to carbon lay up.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that's fair.

It's a beautiful bike btw
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if aero disk brakes are underdevelopment? Maybe a rumour or a pixie might have let slip...

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: The official Culprit Legend Thread [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only say that I know someone is working on a hydraulic brake lever. caliper for tri but it will follow shimano flat mount standard.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Culprit Legend Thread [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are more images posted on our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/culpritbicycle

and Slowtwitch took pics today, so those should post soon as well

Joshua
Quote Reply