Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PD Jammer GT vs T3+ for a Road Bike?
Quote | Reply
On a Giant TCR compact road bike, I am considering a Profile Design Jammer GT vs the T3+ clip-on.

As I am only 5'6" and a BOP, I'm think the shorter Jammer GT will be long enough and still allow me to use the drops and hoods periodically to shift positions. At my low speeds, I am mostly looking forward to an additional comfortable position for long rides. Currently, on the trainer, I am doing the phantom aerobars, resting my forearms on the tops and forming a triangle with my hands - lowers my heart rate with almost the same power and is actually the most comfortable position.

The local LBS is suggesting that I buy the T3+ as it's the one in stock. I suspect that with the longer T3+ bars, I'll have to flip the seat stem and push the saddle forward, whereas with the Jammer, maybe just putting the seat slightly forward will be sufficient.

For owners of either one, how did you reconfigure your setup? How do the two compare?

Edit: The T2+ DL also looks interesting, but since I naturally form a triangle in in my phantom configuration, I thought the Jammer might feel more natural.
Last edited by: kfmfe04: Oct 8, 15 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: PD Jammer GT vs T3+ for a Road Bike? [kfmfe04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the T3+. It's super-adjustable, and you can always cut the extensions once you have your position dialed (use a pipe cutter and you don't even need to take them off your bike....$5 at any hardware store).

Most people find the wrist angle with the T3 more comfortable than the T2; YMMV.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Oct 9, 15 0:28
Quote Reply
Re: PD Jammer GT vs T3+ for a Road Bike? [kfmfe04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never tried the jammer, I have the T3. I like it because it is very adjustable, plus it is the same shape was the visiontech aerobars on my tri bike. In any case, I have the T3 set up on my road bike from the bottom (the aero bars are mounted under the drop bars, with the aero pads flush with the drop bars) instead of on top, because when I set it up on top like traditional way, it was a bit high.
Quote Reply