Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will I place in M25-29 at Ironman Louisville? (Predict my time) [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
1:00 swim with a 3:40 run at best with a 5:17 bike won't cut it. You'll be 20' out of the top 5.

In comparison, I have an athlete in your AG looking to KQ and he'll probably go 55:00 (current aided), bike right at 5:00 flat and run 3:25 for around 9:25 with transitions. and will be on the bubble for 2nd or 3rd in his AG I suspect and might need a rolldown. It will come down to the run. He's made the most improvement there, but is somewhat unproven in triathlons.

I predict you go around 9:55 depending on the swim and if you blow up on the run or not.

I didn't stay for allocation/roll down. Did M25-29 get two or three spots? Any roll?
Quote Reply
Re: Will I place in M25-29 at Ironman Louisville? (Predict my time) [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 27th in my AG, I didn't go to slot allocation. There were 124 starters which is consistent with 3 slots from other events. And according to hear-say, there may have been 1 roll down at most.
Quote Reply
Re: Will I place in M25-29 at Ironman Louisville? (Predict my time) [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great first Ironman, looking at your overall and split times I would say you overbiked, because you were ticking off basically 9 min miles to begin with unless that was your goal pace time. But maybe you just didn't have your nutrition dialed in, congrats
Quote Reply
Re: Will I place in M25-29 at Ironman Louisville? (Predict my time) [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:

A zillion years ago at the original Worlds Toughest (South Lake Tahoe) the bike aid stations were mixing Cytomax apple flavor to taste (like apple cider), not, by the mixing directions. .

Cytomax Apple was the schitt...I loved that stuff.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Will I place in M25-29 at Ironman Louisville? (Predict my time) [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good showing on your first IM. Very similar to my first time @ Placid - my run fell apart @ mile 8. Learn from this and you'll be sub 10 soon.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good on you! Quite and accomplishment, you should be proud. You are light years ahead of where I was at your age so congrats.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the issues on the run. I was in 25-29 as well. placed 33rd. I was just planning to finish and decided to do full changes in both so I had pretty slow transitions. It was my first IM as well but i was fortunate enough to have a pretty good grasp of my nutrition plan. I know I can eat just about anything while biking but 11 years of running has taught me exactly what my body agrees with and what doesn't for the run. I was one of the last 50 or so into the water with the same mindset of having it warm up for the bike. I skipped my knee warmers and only went with arm warmers which I was able to shed easily while still tucked into aero position.

great job and better luck next year. And don't worry, I'm back to cycling full-time so I won't be chasing you down next time. Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your first! I'm glad you reported back with your splits etc...You are right on about a, "benchmark" for your next one. Good luck and keep up the training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As everyone else said and you found out, it is very easy for small mistakes to compound throughout the day and really express themselves during the run. It's very easy for this to happen for veterans as well, but almost inevitable for first timers.

I learned a lot from my first and really benefited on my second (4:04 -> 3:35). Good luck in the future.
Quote Reply

Prev Next