Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad
Quote | Reply
Looking for feedback/review of Purple Patch's virtual training squad. Feel free to PM if anyone wishes to speak up.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad [txoldtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big fan of the VTS (or whatever it is called these days). Been on the PPF approach for over a year. Really helped me progress my thinking in all three disciplines as well as my performance at the 140.6 distance. Happy to answer any specific questions you might have. The deep learnings from being a part of the PPF family are really amazing.
Last edited by: samgager: Oct 6, 15 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad [txoldtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been a member of PPF for 1.5 years. Loved every minute of it. The workouts are well structured and the meetings with Matt are very informational and you learn a lot. Overall I grew tremendously as an athlete in that time.
Quote Reply
Re: Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad [Kellermanns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the "performance" option on their website? The one where they will build plan for you but there is no one on one communication. I am considering this one, so curious about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am both a purplepatch athlete and part-time employee and happy to field any questions anyone has. In an ideal world, all PPF athletes would live near Matt Dixon and be individually coached by him. This is not reality and so online coaching is the option for those not in the Bay Area. Excluding a 1:1 or consulting relationship directly with Matt, the online coaching platform has three levels: performance, premium and executive. These three come at different price points and offer differing levels of engagement with a coach, whether it be Matt or an assistant, as well as other features like consultations for pre and post race, of for nutrition, bike fit, you name it.

What is consistent across all three platforms is this:
  • ALL training sessions are written BY Matt Dixon
  • We don't do generic. ALL programming is tailored to each athlete's race schedule, life commitments and available training hours. Dumping a stock training plan onto an already busy life is a recipe for disaster.
  • ALL plans have a tremendous amount of education and support - weekly coach's bulletin from Matt, twice weekly Meetings with Matt (quasi video chat office hours), monthly newsletter, training-phase-specific education during the year, etc.

Reply to this post or PM me with any questions or for more information. A link to a broader overview of the online coaching options is here. http://purplepatchfitness.com/purplepatch-coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad [mcborowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just signed on..so far I really really dig it. Very comprehensive...
Quote Reply
Re: Purple Patch Fitness Virtual Squad [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Glad to have you aboard.
Quote Reply