Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TomA had some WT fun [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I have some details on the Stinner (pretty bike), so I have some idea what's being compared to the Venge?

All round tubes except for the headtube fairing, toptube and chainstays? It's hard to tell with the paintjob.

44mm headtube?

Downtube diameter (or width)?

Cervelo fork?
Last edited by: feepish: Nov 30, 15 23:43
Quote Reply
Re: TomA had some WT fun [feepish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
feepish wrote:
Can I have some details on the Stinner (pretty bike), so I have some idea what's being compared to the Venge?

All round tubes except for the headtube fairing, toptube and chainstays? It's hard to tell with the paintjob.

44mm headtube?

Downtube diameter (or width)?

Cervelo fork?

The only truly round tube is the seat tube :-)

Fork is first generation Cervelo S5 model

Tube specs is as follows:

HT: 44mm with Chris King Inset HS ("fairing" is actually only filler to cover internal cable routing tubes)

DT: Columbus Life Aero 42mm (run narrow end forward, simple CFD suggested that was faster, especially with bottle). DT is offset at BB to allow cables to exit and partially "fair" rear brake below BB.

TT: Columbus MAX bi oval (oriented with horizontal flat at HT, and vertical flat at ST, both to match tube widths better at HT and ST junctions)

Seat tube: True Temper HVERST1

Chainstays: Columbus life Oval

Seat Stays: True Temper Velo Seat Stays (teardrop shape designed by Yamaguchi)

BB: BSA threaded

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: Tom A.: Dec 2, 15 19:36
Quote Reply
Re: TomA had some WT fun [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

I'm comparing your Flo 90 results with Flo's recent aero data and having trouble translating the CdA in your aero data to the grams of drag reported in Flo's aero data. Is there a way to convert the metrics for comparison?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TomA had some WT fun [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Hi Tom,

I'm comparing your Flo 90 results with Flo's recent aero data and having trouble translating the CdA in your aero data to the grams of drag reported in Flo's aero data. Is there a way to convert the metrics for comparison?

Scott

Assuming the Flo tests at A2 were run at 30mph tunnel speed, then you can use the rough ROT of "45g = .005m^2".

However, I believe the Flo tests have the fixture drag removed, while the test data from the Win Tunnel do not. Therefore, there will likely be a fixed offset between the 2 data sets at each yaw angle, although comparative deltas should be consistent across the 2 tests.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next