Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ride on the track!!!!
Quote | Reply
As winter approaches, and the dreaded months of trainer rides, I thought of adding something different. I discovered track riding during the Olympics, never really knew about this sport. LOVE IT. I can't believe the bike handling skills in the Madison, or my favourite, the elimination race.

It's also much more fun to watch on TV, as you can see the race the whole time, and now they have cameras on the bike, so even better.

Last night, I did my first ever ride on the track here in Vancouver at the Burnaby Velodrome http://www.burnabyvelodrome.ca and it was awesome. Scary at first, as I had never ridden a fixed gear, and this being a 200 meter track, the banking looks crazy,

They have a 4 session Learn to Ride program for only $127 which includes the bike rental. I managed to get as high as above the blue line ;-)

In fact, as I was flying around, I had to pass two people and go up to the area I had not been yet, scary but exhilarating. The last banked area up high looks really scary, but I guess everyone learns to do it.

So, it you can make it to a track that offers lessons, go for it,

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Ride on the track!!!! [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. I'm in North Van, so will definitely check it out! Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply